WTB Typhlosion 17. 1st ed psa 9

This has been the subject of much discussion today. We see what some of the sellers are willing to sell for. 2.5k. 4k. Etc. And we also have a confirmed sale on eBay for 1200. But let’s hear from other sellers. I would pay 1.1k for a strong 9.

I hope I don’t seem like I’m low balling. But if the last confirmed sale was 1.2k then I think asking just under what it sold for last isn’t a bad offer

1 Like

Price went up like crazy

2 Likes

I sold one for like $250AUD last year and people were losing their minds at how overpriced my listing was lol

11 Likes

Yeah a friend asked me to buy one for 300 for him, and I didnt do reaserch cos I remembered it was that price and I got roasted af hahaha

4 Likes

You monster

1 Like

I feel like we’re narrowing down the new price point. I got no bites at 1100 and those other two are still on ebay. So we know it’s between 1200 and 2400

1 Like

Maybe you’d get some bites if everyone would shut up about this card already lol. All this talk is not only getting investors and flippers interested, but now anyone who actually has it won’t feel compelled to sell right now. The $2k offer you threw out didn’t help either, joke or not. I’m sure everyone here who has it now is going to wait patiently until some fool actually offers that. I know I would if I still had it.

You need to realized that these cards are only worth what people are willing to pay. Just because 1 guy pays $1200, doesn’t mean everyone should immediately follow suit. I guess if I buy the 1 up for $2500 right now, everyone should adjust their offers to match that? Of course not.

3 Likes

Investors and flippers are already here. Regardless of the recent talk on this card. I mentioned i had ebay notifications to let me know if any hit the market around the 2k price and if one did, I would have bought it at the time. But I figure why not try to get it for cheaper? If someone pays 2k for the card, I would not consider them a fool. That falls within normal range of what a 9 would go for based on the last sale if the 10. I’ve mentioned before in another thread that the 10 usually sells for 5-8x what the 9 does. Higher end is 10x. Lower end is 3x. Obviously there are some exceptions to this rule, but that’s what I’ve seen over the past year or so. So 2k I think is actually a fair price point.

Trust me I understand 100% that these cards are only worth what someone is willing to pay. Buddy of mine had a confirmed offer for 2k for his. So there’s minimum one person who will pay that price point at this time. And I’m willing to bet that person is not the only one

2 Likes

The level of salt in the Pokemon community towards people freely paying prices for cards they enjoy…

8 Likes

to put it in perspective, what else does $2k buy? Could buy 1st certain 1st edition base holos (poliwrath or magneton), could buy a low-end 1st ed base Charizard (PSA 6. or 7 if lucky). many of the PSA 10 gold stars. Any individual crystal cards except charizard in PSA 10. All individual shining cards except gyarados and Charizard in PSA 10. Etc etc. Those are apples-to-oranges comparisons but the point is to put the price in perspective. I bought a PSA 8 copy of this a few weeks ago for $350. I bought a raw copy on ebay last night in an auction for my binder that looks like a 7 (or maybe a bad 8) for about $225.

The price of the Typhlosion 10 is driven by scarcity. I don’t think this card is scarce in general in lesser grades. It IS a really cool card with iconic art. There aren’t many copies on ebay right now but I would expect that to change over time given the point about rarity/scarcity.

Pay what you want… more power to you if you just want to own it. but in terms of “value”, I’m not sure I see the legs of $2k and up on this one. I’m surprised people aren’t taking you up on your offer. I would in a heartbeat if I had an extra one and had any interest in selling cards. I offered several times on the ebay card asking $4k and what I considered all reasonable prices were auto-rejected. For myself, I am deciding to take the patient “wait and see” route. Of course I could be wrong!

5 Likes

I was following that ebay auction yesterday. That was a cool, raw copy. I would have said 7-8 myself. Good buy!

I would have to step in and just blame flippers, hype, coronavirus and Justin Bieber. They are driving prices up like crazy.

5 Likes

thanks man… and hopefully my point got across which is think it through but of course pay what it’s worth to you. only you know that value. the one thing about pokemon that’s so unique among TCGs is the broad appeal. pokemon isn’t “weird” or “nerdy” or “niche” like some other TCGs. In my opinion it’s mainstream, appeals to both sexes and a very broad swath of ages. And the newest ages coming up are still loving pokemon based on my 5 and 7-year olds. So demand is a really powerful force here unlike other TCGs. and that has the potential to rip through supply in anything scarce or high grade. even if the numbers seem plentiful there’s no discounting the demand factor over time.

2 Likes

I think papafrankgod nailed it. It’s all Justin Bieber’s fault.

I still have a clip of my 7-year old (then two) saying “go away Bieber”. no hate to Bieber lovers though. Each to their own. sorry to get off topic

3 Likes

Fully agree with this. I personally think that 2k can buy a lot better things than a PSA 9 1st ed Neo holo. You can buy scarcer things, you can buy cards with an objectively higher pedigree, etc.

That being said, if people want to pay 2k for a PSA 9 1st ed Neo holo, then all power to them.

4 Likes

Just to clarify, I know investors and flippers are already here. I mean’t interest in this card in particular. No doubt all this hype and discussion surrounding it might make some people want to scoop up a copy for potential profit. Don’t have anything against that but it’s more competition for the card. Also you don’t need to prove the value to anyone, if it’s worth that to you then whatever. Giving out all that info doesn’t help you get the card. You wouldn’t want others who are after it agreeing with you and upping their offer before you get it. Also I apologize for the “fool” comment it was a bit harsh

@fourthstartcg , you can call it salty if you want. But the $1200 sale was originally seen as a premium since it had an “error” and sold by Scott, it was even kinda joked about. Now there’s apparently multiple ppl willing to pay $2k and $1k is a steal just days later. It just seems funny to me. But GL to anyone that’s trying to get it.

1 Like

1 Like

Welcome to today’s market. Prices for anything vintage (like pre-BW) are through the roof and there’s no signs of stopping. I’ve watched cards I wanted double and triple in price over weeks if not days. It’s crazy. There is a significant lack of supply of graded vintage product and a lot of people somehow have money to blow.

4 Likes

No one is buying for 2k he was joking obviously. As he puts a WTB at only 1.1k.

Not going to drop names but a buddy of mine received an offer for 2k so I do know at least 1 person who will buy it at that price. Cheapest option right now is 2.5k