$5600 for a psa 10 shadowless charizard??

Lol…I wonder if our e4 brothers and sisters understand that;)

2 Likes

I sure would. How about you?

Yes, to the right buyer I could even imagine it closing in on Eng 1st ed base

Me too…

I wonder who won those 3 unlimited packs that were auctioned on Aus Ebay… haven’t seen them resurface

1 Like

Did some digging lol, judging from their bid history they are Dutch.

i***a(148)

20th Dec 2015 - $1,135AUD ($820USD at the time)

1 Like

Crazy price for the shadowless charizard!!! I think its a good trend for all psa 10 charizard cards especially (skyridge, gold star, plamsma storm) people will be ticking off there collector list and eventually moving on to the next biggest thing. I think its just a matter of time with the low pop charizards you will start to see people pay big premiums espexiallys rhe cards that are already a $1000+ item. Some of the newer charizard cards are good examples eg gold star charizard it really is unique to any other out there and very attractive!! I predict there will be big premiums on these cards especially as they move into the old catogry of the pokemon era. So in summery most PSA 10 charizard with low pops that are $1000+ item I think has a great chance in shooting up in price at somepoint.

I remember either early this year or late last year one sold on Instagram for around 8.5k and still ppl weren’t jumping on it because it seemed like a lot. But how crazy is it that now there selling for 15k and up…it just makes you skeptical about how something can gain that much momentum so fast that what is it can lose it that fast as well…

Out of curiosity how many shadowless psa 10 zards do you have?

The answer to part of the skepticism is in your comment; Instagram vs ebay. Ebay is the open market for pokemon. It is easily accessible to the world. IG is not a marketplace, especially for anything high end. Someone could sell something right now as I type, and it doesn’t accurately reflect fair market value.

But the card did increase for sure; the key component being availability. 1-2 years ago there were always multiple copies being flipped on ebay. I remember at one point a good 5-6 were listed. Before the PWCC auctions, 0 were available, and the only copies available now are priced above the final bid. Considering all the variables, it makes sense why there was a sharp increase.

1 Like

8 which ive been stuck on for awhile:(

Scrub.

2 Likes

^This. All about exposure for items like this. That’s why people sell through PWCC in the first place. If I’m selling a high end item I want everyone and their mom to see it.
I would argue that Instagram is a marketplace. The idea is to display products through imagery. However, it is a whole different world from an open market like Ebay. There is no way to track sales which makes it next to useless in determining value of these types of items. It’s not like ebay where any potential buyer can see your item. Also, there is a bunch of BS taking place there everyday (ie scams, people backing out of deals) and one might say it lies in a special corner of “Shade City” :wink:

2 Likes

Wow that is crazy, glad I got one when I did for about 3k or whatever it ended up being at the time. It was a similar situation to yours where the packs were definitely shadowless art. I was able to get the seller to crack the box and open a pack on video to send to me. I told him 3k conditional on shadowless cards inside and they took the gamble and it paid off. Paid off for both of us in hindsight. No zard though :slightly_frowning_face: I have had great luck over the years with base boxes pulling zards, but missed with shadowless.

@hisoka107 could probably answer that. I’ve never used them personally.

1 Like