30-DAY PHOTO PROMPT CHALLENGE!

My five favorite Pokémon, followed by Moltres. Moltres, Rayquaza, and Articuno are kinda on the same fifth place for me, but since I collect the Moltres promo, I choose it for the team.

I feel like coincidentally the team is also fairly well-balanced in terms of typing: Poison; Normal (+ everything); Psychic; Ghost; Grass/Ground; Fire/Flying.

To translate it into cards of these Pokémon (and I’ll pick a different one for Seviper; Moltres; and Torterra this time, than the ones I’ve already posted for previous days):

Greetz,
Quuador

10 Likes

I’m so glad you got one of the few DPPt Spanish reverse holos (and for sharing that fun fact!) :flexed_biceps:

3 Likes

Starting of with my favorite water frog(my spirit Pokemon). Followed by a team of great small but mighty Mons. I love the Legends cards. This one has 2, 4’11 Pokemon. I had to include it. It I had to stick to five I’d add Darkrai over Cresselia.

9 Likes

I’m kinda surprised Pikachu is not part of your main team … :open_mouth:

Thank you!!! The Burger King 2009 Pikachu in Spanish is awesome!!! Glad you’ve liked the Fun Facts too!!!

:meowth:

3 Likes

This was more difficult than expected because I was attempting to avoid repeats (and succeeded, somehow lol). I already posted my other “top/main” favourites, and then when I went to choose my next favourites, I realized I had posted those as well :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Pikachu isn’t even in my top 25 favorite Pokémon, haha. :sweat_smile:

Greetz,
Quuador

7 Likes

9 Likes

It was very hard to decide what “Your ultimate six-Pokemon team” meant. At first I was going to go OP and choose all my strongest favorites, but ultimately just decided to show off some of my favorite cards of my favorite Pokemon. Cheers!

10 Likes

9 Likes

This was a bit tricky :sweat_smile: everytime I play a mainline game, I have a different team based on which pokemon I encounter in the region, but each team is usually a combo of pokemon I like as well as offering a good variety of type coverage (I guess most people do this lol).

I went through my binders trying to find pokemon I would use in a game for a team. If I had some cards for pokemon I kept on my past teams, I would have swapped them in for this prompt - namely, my first starter Delphox (whom I fondly named Paprika), Lucario, Gastrodon, Noivern, or Brambleghast! But I don’t have any… :joy:

So this isn’t my “ultimate” team, but a team I’m happy with considering the restraints of what’s available in my binders (and not including repeat cards from earlier prompts haha).

9 Likes

Loaded prompt with an impossible answer…I suppose I’ll roll with the 6 pokemon in my E4 signature!

11 Likes

From all monsters, these would be my ultimate six-PKMN … Each has a personal meaning …

1) Infernape (Entry Pack '08 DX - Unlimited :japan:)

Infernape represents my very first Pokémon. I remember when I first played Pokémon as a child I had chosen Chimchar as my starter. Probably one of my earliest memories with capsule monsters …

Entry Pack '08 DX was a product that I had found locally back in 2021 and indirectly helped me to develop this account (as background of photos)

2) Dark Omastar (Darkness, and to Light … :japan:)

Omastar is the evolved form of Omanyte. People associate me with Omanyte & Omastar. That’s why they’re my most emblematic monsters. My favourite artwork of this species is the Masaki Omastar.

My favourite artwork of this species is the Masaki Omastar. However, I don’t have it yet, so I used another interesting artwork for this photo.

3) Delibird (Palkia Half Deck :south_korea:)

Delibird is one species I started to appreciate thanks to Mysterious Mountains Delibird. Originally I’ve planned to collect only Mysterious Mountains Delibird in all languages, but I decided to expand to more artworks.

Palkia Half Deck was released exclusively in Korean and is a good example to demonstrate that Delibird also have rare cards

4) Umbreon :star: (Celebrations - Classic Collection - Confetti Holo :spain:)

Umbreon represents Dark Magician Girl. I collect every variant in every language. She’s my most emblematic card from Yu-Gi-Oh

I’ve chosen Shiny Umbreon because it has blue and it combines with Dark Magician Girl’s main colour

5) Sigilyph (White Flare - Reverse Holo (Poké Ball) :peru:)

Sigilyph represents my nationality. I’m a peruvian collector. Sigilyph is based on the Nazca Lines, a group of geoglyphs located in Nazca Desert. I’m proud of Sigilyph.

6) Esmirgol (Phantasmal Flames - Non-Holo :peru:)

Esmirgol represents my life as a Graphic Designer student. He is associated with drawing, painting and fast sketches.

Thanks for reading …

:meowth:

10 Likes

A follow up for this post

9 Likes

Greetz,
Quuador

9 Likes

7 Likes

Human + legendary + clefairy doll = :heart:

Special shoutout to @Porygon95 for this amazing thread! I’ve had a blast these past 30 days and frankly, it has encouraged me to engage with the forum in an active way more than other thread had in the past. Cheers!

8 Likes

And well, this is the last day. It’s been 30 days for Pokémon’s 30th anniversary, sharing part of my collection with you.

Even though I do look through my collection often, I have to admit that thanks to these 30 days I revisited cards I hadn’t taken out in easily 3 years.

To finish, the Pokémon that started it all—and I chose this card because it even looks like it’s saying goodbye.

Mew Promo from the Hidden Fates expansion, Sun & Moon era.

A special thanks to @Porygon95 It’s been one of the topics I’ve enjoyed the most, both personally and from seeing what the other E4 members shared day by day.

8 Likes

I’ve been the worst at sharing my entries, but I couldn’t miss the final day of the challenge. This is my Japanese Quick Starter Holo Moltres, signed in person by Mitsuhiro Arita in London in January of this year. I never thought I’d be lucky enough to meet one of the artists who illustrated the cards I grew up with so this was a real pinch me moment.

I’m a big fan of the legendary birds, and this Moltres art is amazing. I love that the card is a bit more obscure too; while the artwork appears in the Japanese vending series, the holo version was exclusive to the Quick Starter set making it much harder to come by.

Thank you to everyone who took part! I’ve loved seeing your entries, discovering cards I never knew existed, and getting to learn about the backstories behind your love for particular cards and Pokemon. :heart:

9 Likes

I would say I am pretty basic with my top Pokemon with them being Gen 1 heavy. I do have other Pokemon that I love but do not have their promo cards to showcase.

006/PLAY : Celebi.

Always found this card to be super underrated. Celebi is a great mythical Pokemon and I love this depiction.

Cheers!

9 Likes

To close this out, this has been a fun months of participating based on the prompts. I thoroughly enjoyed not only going through my binders for the card of the day, but really enjoyed looking at everyone’s entries and also reading about why the entries were chosen.

Such a fun idea and seems like the entire 30 days flew past. Thanks a lot @Porygon95 for organizing the event and the wonderful prompts. Thank you to everyone who participated and shared the images. It was truly amazing to see everyone’s picks and also share mine. Till next time, hopefully!

Cheers!

8 Likes