With the final prompt I have a card very fitting of the end. My brother is 3 years older than me, and he had a card collection before I had any cards. I don’t remember when or how, but at some point he got rid of his collection and I ended up with this card from him, a Fossil Articuno. I have very little memory on if this is indeed my 1st Pokemon card ever, but it is my 1st card memory. I remember crawling what I considered sneakily into his room when he was sorting his cards with my mom, and seeing this card. I think I was maybe 3 or 4 at the time. What is better way to end it than going back to beginning right?
Like others have said, it’s crazy that it has already been 30 days and it has been absolutely a blast so thank you @Porygon95 for organizing this, and thank you everyone for sharing your cards with us all!
A couple of Shaymin to close out the month. This was a lot of fun, thanks again for setting up all the prompts! It was nice going through my binders and being able to explore them in a different way.
Thank you so much for joining the 30-day photo prompt challenge!!! It was fun participating in this dynamic and sharing some of my cards with you all!!! Also, it was fun to see other users participating via this thread in Elite Fourum. Hope we have a sequel of this dynamic for next year …
Woops.. It’s only now that the challenge is over and I see this, that I realized I’ve been doing it wrong.. I shared scans of cool cards I liked that fit the theme, but I didn’t necessary owned those cards..
I just scrolled back through all my entries, and fortunately and coincidentally, I do own almost all of them, though. The only corrections to make: I don’t own the Gourgeist Art Academy card for the Ghost-Type entry of March 10th; I own an unlimited edition Shining Gyarados instead of 1st edition for the Water-Type entry of March 5th; and I don’t own the Torterra LV.X for the ultimate six-Pokémon team of March 27th..
I do own all the other cards I’ve posted (although some perhaps in another language than English ).
So as small correction for the Ghost-Type and Torterra:
I don’t think there is a right and wrong way to do this challenge. I did it this way because it was just another opportunity to dive a bit deeper with my binders. As someone who has not played the mainline games, I just wanted to check if I have the cards that fit the prompt.
Well whatever it was you did it in good spirit and thoughtfulness! I still don’t think you “did it wrong” cause while it does say “regardless of what you collect” I still think the idea was any participation was welcome. There were other people that posted scan pictures, and so you don’t know for sure if they owned those cards or not. The most important thing was that you posted a card and followed the prompt!
Honestly I did my own personal cards cause I just knew I had enough random cardboard laying around that I would be able to follow the prompts, and it was fun to me to go through my collection and look for something that fit the prompt.
Nah, you didn’t do it wrong! Doesn’t matter whether it’s cards you own personally or cards you simply admire. The main idea was to just look at the TCG from a different perspective and maybe show some love to cards that are often overlooked or forgotten about.