What is your signature card, the one card that represents you?

This is inspired by a few adjacent topics but I was talking about this with some friends and thought it might be a fun topic here.

Do you have a “signature card”? This might just be your favorite card, but it might be something totally different too. Your signature card would be the card you most closely associate yourself with, or the card people most closely associate with you, and kind of represents Pokémon collecting as a hobby for you. This is a bit of an abstract question, so if you want to approach it differently feel free.

But for me, my signature card is predictably GB Meowth #10:

This is my favorite card. It’s a card I would prioritize over others if I had to. It’s the first card that comes to mind when I think the phrase “Pokémon Cards”. This is my signature card and if I ever sold every card I owned but kept just one for posterity, it would be this one.

What about you? Do you have a card like that? I know some members have posted similar things before (like Quuador and his affection for Moltres #21) - but I thought it would be cool to have a kind of voluntary compendium of the one card that defines each collector here.

16 Likes

Psa 10 and cgc 9.5 are both out done with this bad boy. Highest grade of my set currently.

6 Likes

Your signature card has to do with gambling, how fitting for a Pokemon card collector :joy: Opening packs is gambling after all :eyes:

7 Likes

One of my first actually rare cards. I have one of the few psa 10s and while it’s not crazy expensive, its pretty rare and historical so I love it. Plus it’s slowpoke my beloved :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Definitely agree there. :slight_smile:

Has to be base set Blastoise.

It was my first 1st edition holo as a child and my first big pull. When I attempted to play the TCG with friends with our own rules, I would always use him. Blastoise was also always my pick and go-to pokemon in the games. Something about that Purple and green background just sold it for me, probably because it was very in line with the 90s.

6 Likes

In my head it is this one

12 Likes

My fav all-time card, so might as well claim that one as my signature card.

5 Likes

Without a doubt it’s this bad boy.
My Favourite Pokemon, and when I saw the crazy holofoil pattern of my favourite pokemon I was enamoured. I traded for it circa ~2008 for a Lucario Lv.X from a friends older brother who collected during the WOTC era and late 90s boom whereas I started in ex era around TMTA so they were all ‘new’ to me despite being older.

Its what kick started my true collecting and love for specific cards and where I wanted to go with collecting into specific species.

Shame PSA 10 is unheard of for this guy, one of those situation where I almost wish the POP was higher so I could afford a PSA 10 of it. Maybe one day lol

Regardless, this card will always be my favourite for a plethora of reasons.

8 Likes

A tasteful card

15 Likes

mine would be this because I’m thicc and electric

9 Likes

Base set Abra

2 Likes

Despite the recent PFP change, this is and will always be my favorite card & artwork :heart:

12 Likes

Rather than a card, a set: Hidden Legends. It’s not my favorite set, I prefer the Emerald Regis, neither the holo nor the ex section is the best one ever but over the years I only feel more connected, there is something inescapably familial with it on every level.

5 Likes

For me it’s the McDonalds Larvitar. Sums up me at work really. Just eating cookies at my desk and keeping to myself. Even got myself a beat up copy to keep at my desk. Not going to risk my good condition card after someone went around stealing phone chargers.

9 Likes

If I’m picking a card that most closely resembles myself…

12 Likes

5 Likes

My name has always been Xileets, and my signature Steelix card has to be Cosmic Eclipse. But the truest representation of my spirit and Arita collection is this Ursaring.

animatedUrsaring

14 Likes

Wow, I’m slow to the races. Never made the connection between Xileets and Steelix. Respect brotha!

5 Likes

This was the first card that popped into my head as well!