20th Ann. Toys 'R' Us Event.

One of the best pikachus around! Hope they do more variants of this card. Want a page of these!

1 Like

Now my office memes are really everywhere! Must hide them better.

1 Like

I agree with you @aj1, that Pikachu art is awesome. I worry that it wonā€™t see a lot of love in other languages because itā€™s technically just an alt-art reprint of the XY Base Pikachu card.

Yet, wonā€™t we see it as part of the generations set?

We have already - Iā€™ve ordered mine and should get them in shortly enough.
I suppose if Generations really is being printed in the languages listed on Bulbapedia then we will see other language love for it. Just was a bit skeptical. I wonder if the Radiant Collection 2 will be a part of the other language releases of Generations - Radiant Collection 1 was not to my knowledge so Iā€™d be surprised if 2 was. What I really want to see is a nice holo variant of this Generations Pikachu.

Sorry for the slightly off-topic post.

Do people have to purchase something or are they just handing them out in stores ?

Yeah holo, oooo. But the cosmo one, nicee.

1 Like

I believe these will be free. They specified that the portfolio is only available with a merchandise purchase, so Iā€™m assuming that they would have done the same if they required a purchase for the cards.

That said, it could just be poorly worded and/or up to the distributing stores. We couldnā€™t really know.

1 Like

Lmao man youā€™re on fire with these office memes!

2 Likes

Worth noting to those who are planning to go pick them up - Iā€™m not sure how strict TRU is going to be on this:

ā€œ*Event intended for children, ages 6-up. Parental supervision required at all times. All giveaways and event materials available while supplies last and distributed to participating children only. Limit one per child. Quantities limited; no rain checks.ā€

(straight from their website regarding the promotion)

1 Like

Well atleast both my kids will each get one!

1 Like

We have been given prior giveaways.

I havenā€™t followed prior giveaways at TRU in the past so I wasnā€™t sure if they typically express ā€œmeant for the childrenā€ and then give them out to anyone or if they were actually strict about it. In any case, probably good info to have ahead of time just in case. If I had a TRU nearby Iā€™d probably bring some duplicate holos or something to trade a kid just in case they actually are restricting it to kids.

The last was make your own bracelet and I have vague memories of asking for PokƩmon.

1 Like

Pokebeach is reporting itā€™s going to be kids only as well, guess weā€™ll see.

I did also notice they reported that it was going to be a holo stamped variant, which I had not previously seen reported anywhere. I re-checked and I see no indication on the US Toys R Us website, but the Canadian promotion does mention a foil promotional card, so my interest is piqued. Will there be a difference between the two? Will they both be holo? Is the Canadian website referring to foil promos on other cards but not this one? Are they incorrectly referring to the stamped card as a foil card?

SO MANY QUESTIONS.

edit: also, if Canadian TRUā€™s are running this promotion all year and US TRUā€™s arenā€™t, thatā€™s a bummer ):

Might have an idea on how to get these myself.

1 Like

I take it youā€™re not sharing that idea? Haha

1 Like

Iā€™m calling to confirm, but knowing the last minute nature of such promotional organization, Iā€™m waiting until the day prior to the event.

1 Like

I called and it is for certain that only kids 12 & under will get the promotional giveaway. Also only some stores will have this event. Wonā€™t be able to know which ones 'til next week. Iā€™m taking everyone I know that is 12 & under who does not care about cards. I explained how I am a huge PokĆ©mon fan myself but they were strict on that children only rule, pricks.

3 Likes