2023 Worlds & Japan Vacation Thread

Name badges too hard to see from far away.

Hats or singlets with individual usernames, yeah buddy

1 Like

Yeah, that’s one of the reasons I wouldn’t go in the summer time if it werent for worlds is the weather seems ROUGH there during summer :c

1 Like

I will be there July 5- Aug 15 but travelling all over. not sure what dates ill be in tokyo / kyoto / osaka but would be down to meet up with some e4 people.

2 Likes

Is there an estimate of when world’s will take place? I was planning on going throughout all of June.

2 Likes

It generally happens in August, as I understand it. In there are still competitions going on into June (I think NAIC is the last competition before Worlds, at least outside of Japan).

2 Likes

One thing to keep in mind but I expect demand and interest is going to be unprecedented. Considering the location, and the popularity of the TCG right now, I wouldn’t be surprised at all see a lottery system for spectator tickets. This is pretty common for popular events in Japan. That or people with certain credit cards and memberships are able to book their spots first.

1 Like

Anything aside of August is an insanely small chance id say, especially since dates arent confirmed yet.
Id even say that anything aside of the 2 weekends in the middle of August are a very small chance (looking back at previous worlds). And to go even further, my bet goes to the weekend starting with the 18th aug, since the weekend starting with the 11th would overlap with odon (starting sunday 13th), a very important japanese holiday for family gatherings.
BUT. This is all just a guessing game. The dates will be released any day (id say latest release would be one month from now) and whatever they say will be it.

1 Like

15 Likes

16 Likes

Ok, now that we have the dates, I need to start looking at booking things! Gonna have to figure some stuff out, as traveling alone abroad is not super fun (speaking from experience). Hopefully gonna team up with some people to have more fun!

4 Likes

Looking forward to meeting everyone! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Very exciting news! I didn’t expect the event to be so early in August. I’m excited to attend and see everyone there! :smiling_face:

4 Likes

If you don’t have a hotel and are planning on staying close, you are running out of time

6 Likes

I want to go, but have no idea if I will actually be able to. Just booked my hotel.

Whats a trip like this ending up costing? Travel, food, location if just going to event? 1200ish USD?

1 Like

Plane tickets will cost more than that from where I am located. They look to be about $1700-$2000. I booked a very close hotel for four nights that is $250 a night after fees.

Plane ticket alone will run you 1k - 1.6 depending where you live.

when do the spectator passes drop for a worlds event typically? Closer to the date? Yet to have been to one so I want to make sure I don’t miss out.

1 Like

Guessing about one month or so before event. Here is the thread created when London passes were available.

3 Likes

Gosh. I will have to go to worlds one day but not this year haha

Worlds in Japan is going to be the most authentic Worlds.

Be there or be square

1 Like