Where are E4 members staying at Worlds23 Yokohama, Japan?

You might call me crazy for asking that early, but worlds dates could get dropped any day.
I obviously want to stay where most e4 members stay so we can have a good time together.
There are basically 2 options:

• Staying at Yokohama next to the Event center
    or
  • Staying in Tokyo (Shinjuku…) and take a 1h journey to & back from worlds every day to have worlds at day and vibrant Tokyo at night.

Interested to see peoples thoughts and ideas on this.

3 Likes

I plan on staying in Yokohama close to the convention center. That way I have a place to rest and relax and store all the merch that I’ll be buying. I’ll most likely spend a few days in Tokyo prior to Worlds.

1 Like

Thanks, that sounds good. Also I need to correct something, its not like Yokohama is a bad place

Yokohama is also vibrant and beautiful at night. But places like Shinjuku/Shibuya in Tokyo have arguably a lot more to offer when it comes to nightlife/attractions. Yokohama is more known for Industry & Trade, than for Tourism & sightseeing

2 Likes

Seconding that Yokohama is a great place to hang out in it’s own right (I live there :sweat_smile:) but also you can get from Yokohama to Tokyo or Shibuya in less than 30 mins so it’s not a big deal unless you’re staying out past last train time

3 Likes

I think I know what you mean. The biggest struggle for me will be wanting to spend more time in every city :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh very nice. I thought the train would be around 40 minutes, plus the 25 minutes by foot from the trainstation to the Eventhall Pacifico. But id guess a Hotel near Pacifico will also grant you a good 20 minutes by foot on average.

At the end I really just wanna stay where most of e4 stays. I as a german have no easy option to meet all the great people I know on e4. So I might have this one time where I actually am able to meet you all.

1 Like

Only problem with a hotel next to Pacifico is that it is a little bit of walk from Sakuragicho station which is a slightly more connected station. But Minatomirai Station is close by however which you can use to take you up to Shinjuku and Ikebukuro. Also depending on your preference, the area itself around Pacifico is pretty much just a mall with brand shopping and some decent-ish but not great and overpriced restaurants, It’s not like a local hangout or anything so you will have to walk 15-25 minutes to get somewhere else. If you want more local experience then stay near to Sakuragicho Station or Kannai Station which are just as well connected to the rest of Yokohama and Tokyo and a lot more exciting areas IMO.

Or you can be an absolute Yakuza-style badass and find some seedy hotels in 黄金町、伊勢佐木町 or 曙町 lol

2 Likes

Tokyo myself, only because we were already planning on heading to Japan and we aren’t staying in Yokohama at any point, but then again once the dates are dropped we will find out.

1 Like

I’d highly recommend staying as close as possible to the venue during the event. Before and after, go anywhere! But during the event days, the value of getting to the venue quickly and getting back to your room quickly cannot be understated.

9 Likes

Yes, I totally get that. The 4 days will probably drain each one of us anyways, especially with the August heat and humidity… I could imagine that after worlds you want to at best go to some bar/restaurant in yokohama and call it a day.

Stay in Shinjuku, load up on caffeine pills, don’t be a square.

1 Like

Is everyone buying plane tickets/hotels early or waiting for the official announcement? I’m tempted to buy early so I can get a better price, also worlds has consistently been around august 20th. At the same time I’d hate to book wrong and have to cancel.

Any tips? Is it better to buy (and maybe reschedule) or wait for the announcement? Im planning on going for a little over a week.

1 Like

Hotels might be worth booking earlier if you want somewhere right by the venue, but I would imagine that the number of people booking flights specifically for Worlds is a drop in the ocean compared to general tourists coming to Japan in August, so I doubt that flight prices would change much at all

2 Likes

Im actually staying in tokyo for a few days but moving to yokohama for the duration of the event.

I booked all 4 weekends of august and will cancel the dates its not on :joy::joy:

2 Likes

My flight was 700€ both ways 3 months ago, 1050€ both ways a month ago, now its a bit over 1300€.
I do think especially long distance flights just become more expensive over time, but also I wouldnt recommend booking rn if dates arent realeased & you dont want to stay the full august. I will stay nearly the entire August therefore I have the flight already booked since all possible worlds dates are covered.

Assuming I go, I’m planning on staying close to the event center. My goal is to still be able to play, but I haven’t been getting championship points to be eligible…

1 Like

I created a broad thread for everything around Japan/Worlds2023. This thread will soon be locked, please just consider using the new thread :slight_smile: