2023 Worlds & Japan Vacation Thread

This place is for sharing, planning & discussing all things around Japan/Worlds and for any questions surrounding it :smile:
Japan surely is, for most people, more enjoyable in a group compared to being alone, and I personally really look forward meeting some of you in August. Maybe some of us will have overlapping interest and travel dates.
But no matter if your goal is to travel alone or with others, I am sure this thread will help you enjoying your trip to the fullest!

14 Likes

I personally will stay in Japan from the 3rd to 29th of August. Roughly 50% in Tokyo and 50% around Osaka/Kyoto.
I want to see the modern, vibrant side of Japan and the traditional side with its Temples, Shrines and nature.
Big shops like Pokemon Center, Ghibli Store, Nintendo Store, hobby store chains etc are also a must for me.
Here is my google document for the vacation. (2* and 3* marked destinations are roughly my must do’s)

Feel free to check it out. I can also highly recommend https://www.japan-guide.com
Its truly a great site that offers any info you could ever need for a japan vacation!

6 Likes

I want to go so badly but I just can’t this year – not in time for Worlds at least. Please take lots of photos!

2 Likes

I definately will! It wont be the last worlds, I hope you will be around for other events in the future instead <3

3 Likes

Nice! Hopefully this can help others make up their mind.

For those on the fence, my strategy is basically trying to plan the best trip, then make a decision about committing later on.

2 Likes

Many people think Japan is terribly expensive, meanwhile its literally just the flight. Hotels and Food are so much cheaper than the US/Europe :smiley:

3 Likes

We should have a formal e4 event sometime during worlds

16 Likes

I’m going to Tokyo in the fall and I am so excited, I won’t be there for worlds, but I’ll be checking this thread for some recommendations! I have a list of things I want to do, 1 of them renting an R34 and romping around to Mt. Fuji.

4 Likes

I’ve been wanting to go to Japan with my brother this year, so I’m really really hoping we can go at the time of worlds to visit that as well! But August will be close whether we can make it or not.

If I do end up making it I woudl love to meet y’all!

2 Likes

Even tho you wont have worlds in Fall, the climate will be more comfortable, less hot

1 Like

As long as it’s not at Goi’s Muscle bar, I’m cool with it.

1 Like

I’ll be going in September! About the whole month.
Was hoping we’d have the actual worlds dates by now though :confused:
I still have lots of planning to do! But I have my flights booked at least :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ive looked into getting e4 badges from this site and it would be about $1-15 each depending on the material. Anyone interested?

11 Likes

Yes on badges

1 Like

HEY, the muscle girls bar is a GREAT place!

2 Likes

Absolutely! Great idea.

1 Like

Im staying in Kabukicho so I can get robbed or stabbed by the Yakuza.

Feel free to join me.

3 Likes

I will <3 I trust the Australians.

My gf and I are planning going for 3 weeks from Aug 2-23. Japan is gonna be insane so we’re hype! Also excited to meet some new e4 faces along with those I’ve already met

7 Likes

Absolutely. I would be happy to help with these in any way that I can