2022 Pokemon Illustration Contest

That moment when you realize you want a copy of each and everyone of these stunning cards if they win.

2 Likes

Too many amazing Greninja to choose from!!! Woooow!

they should just release a set of all 300 cards and have the winners’ cards be the promos/SR’s/Holo’s

1 Like

there are so many good ones! here are some of my quick favorites of each pokemon

cram was probably the toughest for me to choose from because there are so many ones that stick out

4 Likes

Wow so much amazing art! All of them should be printed!

It was pretty difficult to pick favorites but here goes.

3 Likes

Ok I couldn’t resist trying to pick which ones I think would win. I picked them based primarily on which one I think fits the theme of “day in the life” the best as well as which one I could picture becoming a card the most.

Arcanine:

Cramorant: (if I had to pick an overall winner this would be it)

Galarian Rapidash:

Greninja:
Scizor:
Pikachu:

Bulbasaur:
Charizard:

2 Likes

Wow!! These are all stunning! I don’t think I could narrow it down to a top 10.

Seriously cram has so many stand out styles

1 Like

Love every bulba. Great job by all the artists

So I particularly like this one, as I feel it’s the growlithe from Erika’s kindess (my display picture) all grown up repaying the favour :blush:

4 Likes

One of my entries actually made it in top300! I feel so honored, but also like it was a mistake considering how much objectively better the other entries are! Some of these are really jaw dropping!

17 Likes

@defluo, That’s amazing. My congrats to you and anyone else on E4 who advanced to the top 300.

2 Likes

Out of 63 Cramorants there’s maybe 5 I don’t like.

why does cramorant always have the coldest art?

1 Like

Here was one of my pieces : ). Was really busy during this time and honestly they both came out disastrously, multiple problems and a realization that I have a lot to work on. All good though eheh as for the other one I want to do some touchups in procreate

18 Likes

What the actual f*ck?! SO much talent there, wow! The only reasonable decision would be to print ALL of them into a whole set of their own (or, if that’s too much to ask, maybe just the Bulbas at least).

8 Likes

i spent a good hour last night at 3am looking through these a few times… they’re absolutely incredible. I want all of them. Specifically the Cramorants-- there were so many and they were all jaw-dropping. I sincerely have no clue how they will pick a winner. Although, I looked at that Pika sitting on the counter about to wash some berries and was like “oh, this is the one. it’s gonna be this one.” so, we will see what happens! (idk how to post pics)

@imakunizauntie, I think this scizor looks amazing!! I wouldn’t call it disastrous by any stretch of the word :blush:

2 Likes

These are great! I need a whole Pokemon TCG set of just fanart.

It’s a crime that only 3 will be chosen to be cards. They’re all so good.

Scizor is one of my favourite Pokemon and I’m praying it will be picked for one card. I’m hoping Pikachu and Charizard sit this one out, there are so many cards for these species already.
EDIT: In the spirit of my choice, I nominate the Scizor drawn by kemokamo. It features a dynamic picture of Scizor grabbing Charizard by the tail and pulling it in close, then Bullet Punching the overrated lizard in the face. If you look closely at Scizor’s pincer, you can see the reflection of Charizard’s stunned face as it realizes it’s about to die.

12 Likes

Just repeating what muk and boogus said about releasing all the cards as one big set so the lurkers from Nintendo know there is #demand for it

5 Likes