2002 World Champion Selling English VS Series Deck/Set

Incredibly valuable set up for sale. Estimated 15-18 sets in existence. Has a set like this publicly sold before?

Check out her Twitter if you want to get in touch.

10 Likes

Informational vid on this set by David Persin: HISTORY IS MADE AGAIN TODAY As I Show The MOST RARE English Language Pokemon Set EVER Made! Video 41 - YouTube

More information from Dubsy Instagram:

1 Like

The fact that she still has the deck she used to win the tournament and it means more to her than those cards is just sweet.

11 Likes

A set sold a few weeks ago with heritage. it might be what prompted her to share. Either way cool to see another original owner! :desert_island:

12 Likes

Damn. Before watching the video I was starring at those pictures trying to figure out why they are so rare.

Watched the video and then realise they are English and my brain completely overlooked that they aren’t Japanese!

Really cool collection and she seems to really care and hope they go to a caring collector. Champ raising a future champ makes me feel old though!

Edit; edition symbol should have given it away haha

3 Likes

Another Bruno’s Hitmonchan that will be forever out of my reach … the second in such a short time!

:sob:

3 Likes

WE WILL FIND ONE. ONE WILL COME.

2 Likes

This is so sweet. :heart: I hope that she gets a great offer!

3 Likes

Such a cool set! And to have the history behind it and to help the winners family is just an awesome thing.

I asked them if they were willing to break the set apart to sell the cards separately.

Specifically, if they’d be willing to sell the Janine’s beedrill to me for my Komiya collection.
They said they would really prefer to sell all together to save the risk and hassle which makes total sense.

They also said their highest offer at 2:30pm today was $100,000

Any E4 members looking to buy and split?
My offer for the Beedrill was 5k but it could potentially be higher if there is interest.

1 Like

I asked her for pics of closeups and unfortunately it seems many of the cards are damaged, binder dents etc.

See below

I know the rarity makes the cards special, but I personally find dents like this gross.

I value this deck at 65k in this condition

Edit: Check the edgewear and dings, rough.

3 Likes

What ever happened with this deck?

Did she end up getting the $100,000 from some smug oil baron overseas to give to his pet tiger while driving down the mean streets of Palm Jumeirah Island in a De Tomaso P72?

1 Like

She did sell, apparently to a group rather than just 1 buyer. Have not heard more than this nor do I know if other details of the sale are public.

2 Likes

25:18

9 Likes

Wtf $120,000?? Yall E4 ppl have too much disposable income.

1 Like