Complete English VS TMB Deck

Woah…
https://comics.ha.com/itm/memorabilia/pokemon-vs-2001-tropical-mega-battle-complete-deck-cgc-trading-card-game-graded-the-pokemon-company-2001-/p/7347-42002.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

17 Likes

This set occupies such a mythical place in my mind. Goddamn.

10 Likes

So cool. I wonder if the other languages will ever pop up publically

The best thing about it is that this deck is said to have only had plastic wrapping and not a physical box or container so my wallet is safe from needing it in my collection. The sad thing is that i still want them because theyre amazing cards.

Wow I am very interested to see where this lands. I dont have the money to buy a single card, but definitely do not have enough for the entire deck. Insane to see a complete deck for auction. I would love to eventually own a mantine. and the tropical breeze as well, but that would be a complete pipe dream

2 Likes

One of the Dutch players attending that event, took home only the rare cards from his given (english) deck and left the remains behind.

2 Likes

I’m thankfull there is no Lance Gyarados in there.

1 Like

My Yuka Morii grail is in there, forever out of reach,
My cute clay card collection, forever incomplete.
Such are the wicked woes of want;
Pain that will forever haunt.
Less than whole for all of time,
For TMB Hitmonchan will never be mine.

:face_holding_back_tears:

9 Likes

That’s two of us :sweat_smile:

All kidding aside these are my grail cards. VS has always been one of my favorite sets overall and is my favorite Japanese set. Seeing these cards in English is just too cool. Got to talk to Gem Mint about his set for a bit at Collectacon. Hoping at some point down the road I’ll get to at least grab one card from the set.

2 Likes

just pretend that it doesn’t exist like the rest of us :smiley:

6 Likes

So your saying there’s a chance at a few of them? Lmaooo. Floating about in someone’s bulk.

The blessed curse of knowledge
cannot be erased
The journey past the threshold
cannot be retraced

The burden I must carry
shall be my own to bear
A treasure all its own
for which I’ll learn to care

1 Like

He left them on a table, perhaps they ended up in the "used paper container’ who knows.

This deck was mentioned in another thread I believe. If this is Blastoise Kids deck?

Interview w/ Tropical Mega Battle Winner by Peekdatchu

I believe both him, and his dad got full decks. Apparently the staff were handing out extra copies of the English decks.

1 Like

Amazing opportunity for someone. That’s cool they’re keeping the deck together while also a bummer for anyone wanting a single from it. Fantastic set.

1 Like

I just want the Will’s Girafarig. That’s def my ultimate chase card. Although I doubt I’ll ever own one, it’s fun to dream about.

5 Likes

The full card list was posted:

13 Likes

Not a single cHariZOrD? What a waste. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes