$2000 Gold Pikachu Cards - 19th October.

I’ll pass on it even though i love the base set, can’t justify paying that price, i don’t even have the funds for it anyway lol

1 Like

My birthday is the 19th of October, somebody hook a sister up.

2 Likes

Is it solid gold?

What Karat?

How many are being produced?

“The Pikachu is described as being made of “pure gold,” though preliminary information doesn’t discuss what this actually means”

I am going to guess that the value of the gold you actually get is nowhere near 2000 dollars, and you are probably paying for a 1000 dollars in Gold or even less.

I think we’ll find out more when more information is released. It’s supposidly being released for online preorders on the 18th according to the article, so I guess we’ll know more then?

I hazard a guess that there will not be many produced.

only 20 days they accept the order
you can actually use this card in the official tournaments
NOT SURE but from what i heard 11 grams of real gold is used for a card
Only available from pokemon online or 7/11 related distributers

1 Like

11 grams of gold =
$445.40

11 grams really?! Even for 24 karats (.999+ pure gold) it will only be worth 444.90 USD… And it will probably be something like 18 karat instead, which is worth about 333.68 USD for 11 grams. (Gold Calculator source)

And here I thought it would be around 1250 USD of gold, and 750 for the actual collector’s item…

Greetz,
Quuador

its character / limited thing you have to have different point of view as investment

5 Likes

Noodles is right. The value of the gold isn’t really what you are buying it for. It’s the fact that it’s a solid gold Pikachu(that I was convinced was fake). Imagine if the Gold was worth ~1500 bucks, and the Gold price rose and people were melting down Pikachus for 3000 dollars?

6 Likes

My brother, do you have any idea if it’s going to be limited? How many then will be produced?

im drunk now so sorry but im going to bed now

13 Likes

25% gold is actually pretty awesome, the rings you buy at jewellery stores are like 10% gold value 90% markup and jewellery is dumb Pokemon are awesome

2 Likes

For that price I’d actually buy some gold bars/coins. i wouldn’t be surprise if we see fakes flood in later on.

precious metals and pokemon cards are two of my favorite things, im in trouble

4 Likes

I have been eyeing these for so long. Look how well they do over spot price of silver also. $2000 if it contains $500 in gold seems reasonable.

Niue Pokemon Rounds

Oh you evil temptress. I may cave for this one.

3 Likes

So is this gold-card actually legitimate? How would you recommend ordering one - wait until it hits the U.S. and pay a premium; or order from Japan? And with ordering from Japan, has anyone ordered from the seller - good / bad experience? Any help would be much appreciated - I would like to pick this card up!

They are coming through the Pokemon Centers and 7-11s(A Japanese owned company that has a long affiliation with Pokemon). So trustworthiness of the seller is beyond reproach.

The real question: will PSA grade this?

4 Likes

7/11 the convenience store? Haha JK

THANKS for the Info. Will you be able to order this card online? If so, does anyone have the website link where this card will be available?