1st edition Neo genesis booster box!

I’d estimate around 75k

130point has www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Neo-Genesis-1st-Edition-Booster-Box-English-SEALED-WotC-w-Case/324364502333 sold for 65K on November 30!!! Will be interesting to see how the 3 boxes on PWCC end up!!!

1 Like

I bought a destiny unlimited for 28 recently. Seems like a set that should be double base unlimited price at least imo. Maybe all this hype on shiny cards will remind people which were first. Genesis has the other factor of difficulty grading going for it

3 on PWCC auction and 2 others on BIN. Good catalyst for a price retrace.

I noticed that too, the sheer quantity of them up right now. Seems very odd to me since that sets huge drive has always been (imo) the hard to grade factor of the cards, not the pure hype of the species themselves (yes i do know lugia is the gen 2 charizard but still gen 2 aint gen 1)
Seems like the people who own this box should know what is driving the prices for this specific one, unless I am wrong and genesis has a stupidly low print size in addition to hard to grade cards or something

The only thing I learned this year is “hype can easily outpace genuine rarity/scarcity”

6 Likes

I managed to pick up a 1st ed neo gen yesterday off a pirvate seller. Its not as minty as the ones on the PWC auction but hopefully ends up a good purchase.

2 Likes

@masacaa, Mind sharing the price? Curious given I’m pondering selling mine at some point. Really don’t know if I would because I love it, but every man has his price I guess.

1 Like

Why do you think the pwcc boxes traded so low at ~35k. The lv seems unjustifiably low even considering the sudden supply in the mkt

There were several of them all ending at the same time, say you have one ending and theres 3 people fighting for it, price goes up. 5 ending 3 people fighting, each person gets a steal. The randomness of when and how boxes get uploaded is pretty much the only thing stopping me from selling my destiny box with them. Even if there is one other one on the market at the time, I’d rather wait. Options will always be good for buyers but in this case we are looking at the sellers

ane even though yes we all probably would like to have a box of genesis 1st ed, at any given time we cant really expect there to be a boatload of people ready to shell out 50k

www.ebay.com.au/itm/2000-POKEMON-Neo-Genesis-1st-EDITION-FACTORY-SEALED-BOOSTER-BOX-LUCKY/154255720801?hash=item23ea5b8161:g:QxIAAOSwrXhf4ODE&frcectupt=true

I’m winning :’)

1 Like

Did you win?

Nah 34k was my limit.

14k was my limit on the Fossil Box he sold too and it went over.

I didnt touch his Unlimited Base box though, it went for 30k, lol nuts

Makes me wonder what will happen when PWCC throws their two up. Almost sent mine.

I still want to see a DF or Deox hit PWCC :joy:

1 Like

I would like to be a sealed box collector, if I can accumulate enough capital to purchase one within the next few years LOL

1 Like

I don’t think there’s much sales activity with the neo gen box recently.
the 30-40k price range is low compared with where the other boxes are trading at - hence prices on ebay remain around 70-80k.
analysis at zandgemporium.com shows the smallest diff for neo gen between box price and exp value of box so room for a lot more upside in actual price of the box.
any thoughts

Theres an upcoming 1st Gen on HA

Z does do a great analysis and you should LISTEN to him when he says that it is a lottery and know how averages/formula’s work. Search on youtube for neo genesis and take note of all the conditions pulled. Print lines, off centering, etc. Truly a lottery, youll get your steelix’s but to hit a card that will increase your bank account will be quite the gamble. So while Neo Genesis has quite the potential stars have to align to realize it.

2 Likes

Good thing is people love lotteries so the sealed box is a hold for me.

2 Likes