1st Edition Base Box Opening (Kinda)

Saw this today…

3 Likes

*Heavy breathing intensifies*

He was trying to sell the whole box but didn’t find any takers.

I understand ‘kinda’ now lol. Was excited to see him actually open the packs!

While he didn’t actually open any of the Booster Packs; it was still VERY COOL! I really didn’t think that we would ever see anymore 1st Ed. Base Booster Box Openings on YoutUbe! And I know how un-popular Leonhart within the E4 Community- but I for one am super-excited to see his pack-opening!!!

Anyone have his contact info?

Only this - twitter.com/Shadypenguinn

Yeah I found that but I’m not on Twitter. Can’t message him through his Facebook page apparently and can’t find any e-mail listed on his youtube though I’d imagine it’d just be his youtube name at gmail guess I’ll try that.

Someone messaged me a few weeks ago about a box. I’ll see if its the same guy. They probably sold the packs at this point.

He said he needed the money but he would have got more and had less work to do if he had just sold the box sealed.

Can’t imagine it would have been that hard to find a middleman or he could have just put up a video on his channel saying he was selling the box…

The execution was so weird and he destroyed a grail.

It’s his box but if you need money quickly you don’t just set $10k on fire.

5 Likes

Anyone know a person who has 50K spare to buy cards? Its not as easy as one might think.

It sounded like he really wanted the money ASAP and this was the easiest way to do it. Didn’t seem too savvy about just how popular they are. Sure enough though lots of people have seen this video and have reached out to him to buy them privately. Plus more youtube views should raise a little bit more cash however much that will be.

True he probably should of done some more homework on them. But who’s complaining. A really cool idea.

I actually work for someone looking for this box lol

And from 25,000 views so far he’s made a crisp $30. I think people greatly overestimate how many views WotC Pokemon product pulls in on random non-collectable YouTube channels and how much YouTubers actually make. This guy averages 50k views a video.

Idk, a little more effort could have gone a long way.

But it’s done now, people got some packs. He’s happy, they’e happy. I’m just puzzled but it makes no difference.

It’s his box… why’s it matter that he opened it lol. If he was in a tricky situation don’t blame him

1 Like

It’s a lot of money to sit on if you need the money. Also not sure why he sold the packs so cheap. Seems like an easy sell as “unweighed” if he’s selling all packs. Someone said some were selling for 1k and the rest for 850?

1 Like

$1k for charizard arts and $850 for the others… I mean that is what weighed packs sell for on eBay and these are guaranteed fresh from box unweighed. I wish I had heard about this ahead of time. @pokemonrevolution is going to kill it with the 21 packs he bought. As of the filming there were several left but not sure if there will be if/when I get a hold of him. There really shouldn’t be at that price point.

1 Like

I’m interested also if you find out his contact info

This is whole episode is a great example of how not to sell high-end collectables.

If we catalogue what this guy did in an appropriate way we can use it as a teaching tool for new and/or inexperienced collectors or even people selling stuff they found in a garage or shoebox.

How to appraise what you have, how to sell it, where you can find middlemen or sell it through auction houses like PWCC, the pros and cons, etc.

4 Likes

Yeh I get that but still he needed the money and sold them. And Atleast that way people who can’t afford a box Atleast got some packs that aren’t I weighed, so I think it’s a good thing what he’s done

1 Like

I offered 35k and he passed. Now he’s taking less to sell individually? Somethings fishy wouldn’t you say?

1 Like

@garyis2000 really???