1st Ed Chansey vs Chansey Shadowless- PSA 10 check

PSA 10 1st edition Chansey is about $4500+ and available on ebay.

The pop is 43/687. 6.25%

The Shadowless pop for Chansey is 13/349 graded. 3.72%
. I am not sure of the current price for it. Anyone know?

Both are extremely hard to grade with the shadowless being even rarer and harder to buy.

Topic is if you had the money which one would you buy and why?

I’d buy the 1st Ed first.

1 Like

Until we get some hip hop celebrity preaching the gospel of shadowless pokemon cards and making the topic of shadowless go viral, 1st ed will remain more sought after/known. For this reason alone, I’d go with the 1st ed for now. That said, I really wanna see some sorta shadowless viral video some day! The only stuff you ever see viral is buzzfeed vids with ppl guessing what cards are worth while showing their reactions when they’re wrong. There’s gotta be some sorta funny/cool concept with the right model/celeb that sucks in a different demographic than your run of the mill tcg demographic. :[

We need a crypto millionaire sitting on a shitload of shadowless cards to dial up yeezy or some ish.

1 Like

A PSA 10 Shadowless copy was purchased last year via a private sale (by a memeber here) for $4500 I believe.

2 Likes

Shadowless!

Keep in mind I have extreme bias when talking about this card in any grade because I’m heavily invested emotionally and financially. If I had to give you the best financial advise it would be to buy the 1st Edition but personally I’m not afraid to roll against the grain.
Buy what YOU like or don’t buy it at all.
While I don’t regret it, I won’t be paying $4.5k again, sorry sellers. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

While I’m also biased towards Shadowless, at equal value it’s wiser to buy the 1st Edition copy so it really depends on the price. I just feel like that card can not only be a great investment but a huge asset to have in trade bait with potential future Shadowless collectors if you hold it long term.

It’s just too hard to grade. Fresh out of the box it’s a PSA 8 more often than not. Even the 9s are hard to find. While I expect the pop on some of the other holos to rise quite a bit which is already happening on most of them, I just don’t see the same happening with Chansey.