Xuzu's Collection

Nice collection :wink:

1 Like

nice additions xuzus, whats the condition like on your ungraded cards?

1 Like

Thanks bud, they are mostly what I would describe as PSA 8’s and 9’s I guess. I’m sure there would be the odd 10 here and there, when I decide to get involved with PSA I may just send a batch to them.

BTW I replied to you in my trading thread. :blush:

Xuzu you have one of the best collections I’ve seen here so far. I’ve been following your Reddit posts and they always make me want to go and blow a ton of money lol.
My fav card of all time is that ho-oh

1 Like

Thank you! I can assure you there are many people here who have everything I have and much much more though. :grin:

Yeah it’s a beauty!

Neo Umbereon is one of my favourite cards as well.I had one but had to auction it and only got £30 for a PSA 9 1st edition umbereon and tyranitar.I was not very impressed.Hopefully I will get a PSA 10 one someday.

Haha I saw that one and watched it because I own both of them. It was because of that I decided to take my Umbreon out of the case for my ungraded collection, but I tore it like a lemon didn’t I. :unamused: I’ve been going to and fro with some offers with the two dudes selling PSA 10 versions, but think I’m going to wait until next payday as I’ve spent a lot this month.

Got 1st Edition Alakazam & Zapdos in very nice conditions, plus shadowless Blastoise which I’m very happy with.

Just 2 more shadowless holo’s to go now (Poliwrath & Venusaur) plus a Raichu that’s still en route, and I think I need to get an Alakazam that’s in better shape than the one I’ve got.

Plus I’ve just noticed how much lighter the Japanese Shining Steelix car is than the English versions, it looks much better and I possibly overlooked it when choosing my favourite cards!

Reminds me of when I got back into collecting. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Slowed down a fraction in terms of buying for collecting purpose only, concentrating on some long-term investment stuff (that to be fair will sit nicely with the rest of my collection.)

More recently however I have made quite a few purchases purely for my collection, having 11 separate deliveries currently en route to me and today I managed to buy most probably my #1 most desired item that I could imagine Pokemon-wise - did not think I would ever be able to buy this item.

Now the question is, reveal them one by one or wait for everything to show then display it all together?

1 Like

As they come!

2 Likes

Okay I’ll do it that way. I do have a couple of things to show since the last album:

• The boxes are bought as investments, I’ve already opened one last year so I have no urge to do it again now, I plan to keep them for many many years.

• The Alakazam and Zapdos were PSA 8 and 8.5 but I took them out (crowd gasp), as I prefer to have the holo set ungraded. I kept the tags to send to PSA when I submit cards to them.

• The Shadowless Blastoise was also an 8 I think, the Ninetales replaced the old one which had pen scribbled on the back and I have Venusaur en route which means all I need now is Poliwrath and possibly Alakazam in better condition.

• Last but not least, something I’ve been itching to get hold of, my very own 1st Ed Base Charizard. I am going to get it regraded with high hopes for a 10, or at very least a brand new case which will also make it feel more like my own. It has been seen before but I didn’t really introduce it properly. :blush:

3 Likes

The front centering on the Charizard looks pretty nice. Are there any tiny white dots on the back edges or corners?

1 Like

Can’t see any myself.

It’s going to be a little while before I send it off though. One big thing I want to do with PSA is send my 8 PSA 10 1st Ed Shinings to get new cases all at the same time, as I want to keep them forever. Only having 4/8 right now means I wont be getting involved with PSA until I have all 8. This also means by the time it happens I’ll probably have a great bunch of ungraded cards to get graded at the same time. Though I do have a couple of the shinings that I need ungraded that I believe could achieve a PSA 10 including the Charizard - it’s a bit of a paradox because it feels too early to send them off but they could help me complete the set.

Got my first ever Base Expedition packs today (4). Only got one holo (Venusaur) but it’s a really nice one plus I got a reverse holo Alakazam in the same pack which is a beautiful card so I’m happy with those. Not worth their own photo though. :grin:

Edit: Also got non-holo Raichu, Blastoise, Arbok & Rapidash and reverse holo Ninetales and Vileplume. Not bad at all! Might try and get some more of these packs. :grin:

1 Like

The E-Series is amazing. I have been trying to resist going after cards from that era, but I think I’m finally breaking down. Congrats on those awesome pulls!

1 Like

Cheers! I bought a fairly full set of Expedition recently, will have to see what the condition is like. I would love to open up one of the e-series boxes though, having never been interested in them before. They’ve really grown on me!

Got my shadowless Venusaur today. Shadowless cards just look soo much nicer than Unlimited! Just need Poliwrath now! Look at these beauties:

6 Likes

Just a suggestion - and I may be completely wrong on this one, but perhaps don’t send the PSA labels back with your submission, but send them anonymously.

I know they claim to anonymise orders as they come in to avoid bias, but I still think they grade depending on who is sending them in. They might not like you removing cards from cases and have a negative bias on your grades.

Purely conjecture, but no harm in sending anonymously just in case. (No pun intended)

2 Likes

Ahh Expedition! Where you would get a rare RH, rare AND holo if you got a lucky pack ^^

2 Likes