WTB Chance Encounter with a Shiny Pokémon framed print

This is probably a long shot, but I’d like to offer the following for Ken Sugimori’s “Chance Encounter with a Shiny Pokémon”:

• Framed limited edition print (150 copies) - $1,000
  • Limited edition telephone card (1,000 copies) - $400 with original packaging, $250 without

My offer is based on this 50,000 JPY sale which happened some time between September 2019 and March this year ($1,000 is currently 106,283 JPY for reference):

17 Likes

The 50,000 JPY sale was me! :blush:

I actually purchased that within minutes of it being listed, since I was actively on the hunt for one, and I’ve only ever seen one other print before it.

Just to give you idea of value, a ebay user sold the 2015 reprint of this for $3000. Also, I believe Hapycakeoven sold the Phonecard version of this print for around the $1000 range!

6 Likes

I remember that artwork on the inside cover of some book I had, a guide I think for frlg. Some of the sickest art in all of pokemon and made me fall in love with shiny charizard despite not being a huge fan of charizard in general. Good luck on your hunt!

such a nice print, gl!

Here’s an original print for 300,000 ($3,000) on Mercari

www.mercari.com/jp/items/m45911293204/

4 Likes

I have a question, is this only about Pichu? xD

4 Likes

Thank you! Until they add an actual picture I don’t think I want to go for this one. The condition is marked as “bad” and it even mentions that in the description but it’s using a stock photo. I wonder what’s wrong with it. :thinking:

Yep, I have no interest in the Charizard. A limited edition of anything featuring a Pichu is of interest to me. It’s a nuisance that the Charizard makes this and the phone card so expensive.

Hahahahahahahahaha I KNEW IT !!!

1 Like