WTB 1st Edition PSA 8 Charizard

As per title, looking to pay $5000 USD or $7750 AUD all up. Located in Australia. Cheers.

Edit: Obviously willing to negotiate if the right seller comes along.

1 Like

I don’t think you’ll have much luck there unless you can stump up some more cash.
One sold recently in the UK for £5699 or 7,000 USD, and there’s another currently listed in the US for about the same.

4 Likes

You just summarized my life

But yeah, I think the last three have been between $6300-$7000 or something like that

This one went for $5800 USD with “best offer” 4 days ago.
www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Pokemon-1st-Edition-Shadowless-Charizard-4-102-PSA-8-NM-MT-HOLY-GRAIL-/184273720774?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true#vi__app-cvip-panel

Minus the fees, I think I can get a few bites for the offer. Thanks for the feedback though.

Ah okey! My bad :blush:

I thought that was a fair price. Damn. The market is shooting up like crazy

eBay fees are 10% and PayPal goods and service fees are 3%.

So a $5,800 sale on eBay comes to $5,220.

Your $5,000 offer with a 3% PPG&S fee would come to $4,850.

But there have also been other sales in recent days for $6,300 and $7k.

There seems to be a bit of a gold rush going on with lower grade (non-10) PSA Charizards right now as there is widespread fear that people will miss out on the chance to get one of these cards while they still can and the prices seem to increase every day. Obviously, this trend can’t last forever and at some point prices will likely retrace but no one knows how high the ladder will go before that happens.

I wouldn’t blame you for holding out and hoping the card comes back down to your price point. But from the perspective of a seller, they would have little incentive to sell you the card at your current asking price when they can put the card up on eBay and field offers there.

I’m sorry if you feel like I’m derailing your thread but I’m trying to be helpful. Because I promise you this is what potential sellers on here are thinking about.

3 Likes

You also have to consider the price difference between thin and thick stamp. I think the $6300 and $7000 were thick stamps. Thin stamp will most likely be a little bit cheaper (like the one you posted)

3 Likes