Would you rather own 1 vintage WOTC box or several modern cases?

The sentiment not too long ago was “modern is junk and never going to rise in value.”

Evolutions is everywhere! Not worth a penny.

Now vintage is sitting fairly stagnant after a consistent downward spiral, while owning modern cases at MSRP is almost risk free. Even Battle Styles and Vivd Voltage is up.

So where do you see the current market? Are modern cases safer than vintage boxes?

Modern sealed is absolutely junk vs vintage for organic collectability but that doesn’t mean you can’t make money on modern in the short term

2 Likes

vintage is more fun, but yeah no upwards price movement in the near to medium future on them is essentially guaranteed

Don’t really care about long term movement. A WOTC booster box would be a million times more interesting to own than modern cases.

15 Likes

I’d rather have a sealed Jungle box than a case of modern

2 Likes

Depends on if I have 3 years or 20

Vintage WOTC all day, but I guess it could depend on how we define ‘modern’. SWSH era and beyond? I’d say WOTC for sure. But if it’s more like XY or S&M era… then I might be interested in certain boxes, especially on the Japanese side.

I’d take a WOTC box any day of the week, even if it was Base Set 2. If I had a choice of Box I’d pick Neo Revelation. That set has a soft spot for me.

1 vintage WOTC box for sure.

both are garbage, so whatever i can sell for more.

1 Like

I have been told on here that B&W era is modern so several B&W era cases please

1 Like

I’m collecting, not investing or running a business. WotC box is the easy choice.

3 Likes

A case of Best of XY would be nice haha imo

WoTC, easy answer for me :call_me_hand:t3:

Modern cases for sure. Give me $10k to divide between SWSH sets and a few years; I would bet you’re up big vs a single 1st ed jungle box or whichever you can find around that price

1 Like

My answer is always vintage.

I currently own both; but i would rather have wotc boxes over modern if i had to choose.

Wotc box easy

Wotc box generally… if it was a choice between a base set 2 or the equivalent value amount of modern…id probably go modern

WOTC so I can feel like a kid again.

1 Like