Worst Artwork of the Best Pokemon

Nope @fourthstartcg caused this haha

Dude, that’s harsh. I actually really like the art on the card.

3 Likes

Alright I’ll delete it.

Haha don’t stress mate, it’s good we can share our opinions :slight_smile:

Looks like Charizard Rocket’s blasting off agaaaaaainnnn…

1 Like

Let’s not forget that the artwork for this card was drawn by a child. :blush:

3 Likes

Yes!!!

always though this was disappointing

1 Like

O my gooood, this is one of the best cards ever made! 0_o duuuude

I like the idea of this thread so here are my personal worst artworks of the ‘BIG THREE’

Venusaur from Supreme Victors - a bit one dimensional, looks like a flat weed

Blastoise from Platinum - Looks like hes going down a water slide, big smile, and his body shape,

Charizard from Secret Wonders - So unimaginative, if you told me to draw a charizard, you’d get something like this, and I failed Art class! :grin:

Really hard to find ‘BAD’ artworks of these cards as I couldn’t imagine the quality control around releasing one of these cards, just my opinions, what do you guys reckon?

3 Likes

I actually like the venusaur and blastoise. That charizard is in the ball park of expedition.

I like the venusaur in person, the pattern actually works well with it. I do agree the blastoise isnt great, but i do like how the rainbow is incorporated, I think there’s worse blastoise cards, now that I think of it, the expedition and secret wonders blastoise don’t do it for me.

2 Likes

I actually like that Blastoise and Venusaur a lot. I would replace those with the Secret Wonders ones as the worst ones… but that is just my opinion obviously :blush:

2 Likes

TBH I think we should make a rule in this thread about the NON-professional artists (aka illustration winners) as being counted out. I mean, come on. Kids aren’t going to be Da Vinci’s.

For my entry:

I’ve always hated this illustration of Mew for some reason. >>;

1 Like

snap - I don’t actually have these cards in person, so maybe the holofoil patterns do make them look better :sunglasses:

xzini - I like the Blastoise from Secret wonders, but that venusaur looks like he’s either high, or eaten very bad sushi :wink:

1 Like

That venusaur is one of the best saurs out there

Looks like my opinion on the saur isn’t agreed by many :face_with_spiral_eyes: right now to purchase it and see whether I agree… :grin:

2 Likes

call me old fashioned but i dont like it either lol

1 Like

This one looks more like a fetus than that Mewtwo posted earlier, BUT I do like it. Along with the Mewtwo that comes alongside it. Probably my favorite artworks of the ‘twin’ DNA Pokémon.

1 Like

Always hated this card.

Attachments:

1 Like

:sob:

5 Likes