Why do you like Legendary Collection?

As the title says, why do you like Legendary Collection? Personally, I am not a huge fan of the set, but I am interested to learn why others love it.

If LC did not have the firework reverse holos (example below), would you still like it?

61ybcTlR9FL

Here is the set list: set:legendary-collection ‹ PkmnCards

5 Likes

New cards getting a holo variant (Dark Vaporeon) and the fireworks reverse holo. If not for those, I’d treat it like a useless reprint set.

10 Likes

I agree that Dark Vaporeon is a major highlight. Still sad that they did not include Dark Flareon and Dark Jolteon in the holo upgrade.

4 Likes

Same! I still think its one of the bottom sets for wotc, since its all reprinted art. The firework holo has grown on me a bit, since its only in this set. But its still reprinted art. :melting_face:

4 Likes

Personally, I like it for the same reason that I enjoy collecting Shadowless vs Unlimited vs Base Set 2. It’s fun collecting subtle variations of art that is nostalgic for me.

I also think the reverse holo pattern is the best in the entire TCG.

https://www.pwccmarketplace.com/items/3477580

1 Like

Auction ends tomorrow. We’ll see where it lands!

1 Like

i do not

2 Likes

the reverse holos are why I like it. Its something unique even if the art is the same

2 Likes

I wouldn’t like it if it didn’t have the reverse holos. I gotta say I do really love the firework holos. They don’t seem mass produced and have low PSA pops which adds to their allure. The park artwork is also very cool.

I’d much rather have a legendary reverse Holo than any of the stamped reprints any day. And more than unlimited base, fossil, jungle, neo set holos too.

1 Like

I don’t. Why would you assume such a thing?

No.

Never been a big fan of LC. Much better than Base set 2 but still meh. Galaxy and Dark Vaporeon though.

LC feels like pure milking but done in a tasteful way. It’s the kind of product you’d expect from a company that has become lazy and complacent but still knows how to entice their customers with sparkly legacy-pumping products. In a weird sort of way that makes it a little bit attractive. Like “business as usual”, but good. Look no further than the booster box/pack arts.

I’d probably like the set better if it had a better set symbol and no reverses, but I’m torn about that.

1 Like

Now this belongs in the unpopular opinions thread :eyes:

2 Likes

Why ON EARTH did we need that melting Persian when they could have made this holo?!?!?!

Honestly, LC feels like such a missed opportunity. At least half the uncommons in Base-Team Rocket would have made fantastic holos.

7 Likes

I like the LC because it combines interests for me.
Specifically the Mewtwo Version RH

I like:
Pokemon
Fireworks
Mewtwo
And the grading challenge for the RH

Also Christopher Rush illustrated this card. Very rare to have an English illustrator on a pokemon card.
Picture of my Grail

4 Likes

It’s obnoxiously sparkly. That’s literally it.

3 Likes

hey come outside for a minute I just wanna talk

4 Likes

Ah, so you’re the one who made all those loud banging noises for the last 3 hours (it’s 3 AM here now.)

3 Likes

i fucken knew you weren’t asleep COME OUT—

6 Likes