Why do you like Legendary Collection?

I’m meh on the set. But it’s very popular among collectors

Also not a huge fan of it, starting to not like it the more I see it :rofl::no_mouth:

Ah yes legendary collection the not so fake news as we thought at the time set. Anyone seen roaming the playground with reverse holos in their binder was a shady individual and not to be trusted! :wink:

3 Likes

Never liked the reverse holos much as a kid but they really grew on me on later. Only problem with them is that it’s quite easy to hide creases in the holo pattern when taking photos so i got scammed quite hard by few dishonest sellers

I’ll restate my opinion from a similar thread:

tl;dr - Reprint set given care, unique English release and reverse holo pattern. Not a top collecting priority but a nice way to honour your fav cards from Base - Rocket. Also low pop if you’re into that.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m of a similar view. It’s nice to have kind of a round up of the best from each set, but there’s def a sitting on their laurels and just raking in money with little work because it’s all reprints…I don’t hate it, but I’m also not impressed by it.

I think I like the LC from the view of the whole collecting experience of Pokemon cards versus the set itself in a vacuum. I enjoy collecting a variety of different things, among them: WOTC in general, certain species across sets, same artworks with different card variations, holos, etc. The set by itself does get me furiously searching for available cards like other sets do, but I do appreciate that it’s another set in the lineage and history of the game, so I feel obligated to include some interest towards it.

I will say, as a kid I think I had significantly more interest in LC than I do now. It seems only natural for flashy and shiny cards to pull in a child’s attention span. Now it almost feels a little overwhelming. Maybe I’m just old :older_man:

the added allure of it being rare

Exactly the same reason why I like LC. One of my favorite Mewtwo cards-so much history attached to it.

1 Like

I’m not a fan of the base LC set even down to the set symbol. However, the uniqueness of the RHs make it my favorite set all time and are the only cards I’ve been chasing in PSA 10 since I’ve slowed on collecting.

1 Like

Exactly, I have 3 CGC 9.5’s in my collection. In that case it looks sooo good! <3

1 Like

Wow sold for $8,400

Looks pretty good <3

Best holo wotc has ever printed on a card, period.

2 Likes