Who is the Greatest Rock Band Ever

Gary no im no segovia, i hate myself my fingers move so slow and inaccurate (some girls were happy though if you know what i mean)
Scott ya i think my frustration that i cant play well techically led me to listen to something that i can play
i didnt know you play guitar also, one day we will jam ^^

1 Like

My Mum got my siblings and I to watch a lot of old movies growing up and the appreciation has come with me to my adulthood. I actually know a lot more about Elvis’ acting career than his music career. He was quite a talented actor and I think a lot of people just don’t know about it.

I guess you won’t be able to, but your story reinforces my original post saying that Music is impossible to be objective. You’ve formed a personal connection and memory related to the band that you are obviously very positive about. I think that’s amazing, and I would definitely not say not to seeing Cream in their hay-day if time travel were possible. I have only gained more love and more respect for my favourite bands from seeing them live as well. I am very lucky that they were all applauded as being fantastic live bands before I had even seen them.

1 Like

Ooh another rock post! It’s good that there is still a fair few people who like rock in this day and age… Not sure if the old timers notice but… I think we are the minority if we compare to schools and universities usually now.
How often do you hear guitars on the main national radio networks where you live?
I guess depends what channel your on… But, well in Australia, you barely hear any rock unless it’s Triple j or triple m?
And they are not the biggest stations around…

Anyways, Most kids are saturated and sucked into the abyss of electro, pop, and pill popping at various dance festivals now. Like I don’t mind some of that music, but always prefer rock with a passion…

But your question is soooo subjective Gary… It’s too hard to answer lol >.< what’s the most influential…???

It depends on the genre… And the various influences each genre has…

I have too many bands I love… But I think if you reflect… What makes rock great, isn’t that there is one sole influencer… In history… It’s that each band is influenced by various different life experiences, upbringings, components, and artists across various genres to make something unique and more modern.

I couldn’t pinpoint a few bands, as we need to know what genre were talking about. Give me a specific genre and I’ll work backwards maybe.

1 Like

Or…
We can just refer to the rolling stones top 100 most influential artists of all time :

www.listology.com/blindsider/list/rolling-stone-100-greatest-artists-all-time-immortals

That would be ideal and might be a reality. I plan on traveling to japan in the near future. :blush:

I actually had some guitar videos up on my youtube page. I have one with terrible acoustics, and every time I watch the video I think, “I need a better classical guitar”. I bought that one to strictly practice, usually with an amp.

Let’s say any band in the R&R Hall of Fame.

Influential? I’d guess that’s pretty easy. Beatles.

I’d have to go with Queen. The idea of rock ‘n’ roll encompasses a lot more than just music, and Queen tick all the boxes and then some. Definitely one of the greatest musical acts of all time.

As far as modern musicians go, I’d say Jack White is the best rock star going around at the moment. Such an enigma, and a really talented dude.

1 Like

This list is Greatest Artist not Influential Bands.

1 Like

I’d argue against anyone that Freddie Mercury is the greatest rock and roll Frontman of all time. The voice, the theatricality, the presence, the ability to control a crowd. Nobody will ever have all of those things in spades like Mercury did.

Freddie Mercury, while insanely popular on reddit, deserves that popularity. He had such a strong and iconic voice.

Hard to argue with Mercury as best frontman though it’s hard to ignore The Jimi Hendrix Experience who went the trio route like Cream of just Bass, Drums, and Guitar. Hendrix rose well above the band concept much like Mercury did.

1 Like

Just to get a deserving women in there, the front person for Big Brother and the Holding Company is right up there with Mercury and Hendrix.

really good, nice techs and emotion nice background i especially liked the last moment look you gave to the camera !

respect to a maestro bravo!

1 Like

Why has no one mentioned Journey? :slightly_frowning_face: Come on guys!

1 Like

Thank you! I always have mixed feelings about watching that recording as the technique is decent but the acoustics are terrible. :relieved:

Good Point! Rush should be thrown in their as well!

1 Like