Who has the most complete pokemon collection?

From what I understand/have read it’s literally every English card minus maybe one or two trophies. If you can name it, there is something like a 99.999999% chance he owns it. Specifically English cards though

Kids not interested.

He has everything. So it would just be a list of everything.

I know it’s hard to believe and imagine but he started forever ago, has the money, and just keeps it consistent. The trophies are the craziest part but come to words. He will say hello.

I‘m so happy he doesn‘t collect Japanese trophy cards :grin:

1 Like

Wow, crazy to think someone has ALL English cards (minus some error and sample cards), including all trophy cards and Prerelease Raichu.

How many English cards do even exist at the moment? How many Japanese card do exist? And how many cards in general do exist? Considering there are already over 800 Pikachus (although most people would exclude most of the errors, sample print runs, printing variations, and such), and there are over 800 Pokémon (not to forget Trainers and Energies), I’m curious what the total amount of cards would be right now.

If he ever shares anything from his collection I think everyone here on the forum would love to see it. Hmm, co-director of some high-end sport clubs, no wonder he has enough money to buy all these trophy cards. Pretty cool that someone like him collects Pokémon cards.

Hmm, now I’m actually curious what all you guys do for a living. :wink: (I’m a software developer - currently Java web development for Dutch municipalities - myself, in case anyone is wondering. :blush: )

Greetz,
Quuador

Exactly. But it’s just English. And you can count exactly how many cards there are printed in English. And than add multipliers for 1st Edition and reverse foil prints. Base Set most likely also containing ‘4th print’. But hard to determine exact numbers because you could only calculate how many cards he got in a binder, if he in fact owns all complete English printed sets. No way to know how much sealed product is in his collection.

Nonetheless, still frigging impressive.

Let my imagination be lol.

On the subject of “how many different cards are there,” I have over 10,000 entries on my database on Psypoke (I don’t own every card I have in there), and that’s only English sets + Japanese unique artwork cards we didn’t get in English. Start adding up holographic variations, 1st editions, reverse holos, error cards, different languages… forget it! :open_mouth:

i never liked David Persin ever since he sold me cards at a high price because some of the money was supposedly going to help him start a charity or some shit…never again will I be that stupid

So he didn’t start a charity?

David runs a charity as his son has actual autism/bi-polar disorder. I stayed with him for about a week last year, and was taken aback by his sons behavior. I mean that purely as an observer. I don’t want to publicly divulge the kids background, but the situation is not a farce.

The charity is real. He actually bought some items at worlds to giveaway for an upcoming event.

oh and he gave me wrong info about how many of card that I bought from him was produced. :slightly_frowning_face:

I think I have the most complete set of topps cards. 5174/6056 cards that I know of :blush:

I mostly just need the non English cards now (lots of Spanish) but haven’t had any luck finding an Argentinian to do my shopping.

6 Likes

I contributed to him also and actually resold the items and donated those proceeds to St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital.
Sorry you had a bad experience Bewear but I assure you it was all for a good cause:)

3 Likes

Was this when you obtained the raichu Scott ?

1 Like

secrets untold

This is one of the most astute comments I’ve ever read on UPCCC/E4.

The only thing I would add is that there are collections right here in Japan that would make many of us cry.

2 Likes

Yes, well said.

Also; Double Yes, i was about the mention the Japanese collectors haha… we all forget about.

Well… i know somewhere in Japan that has apparently 1 of everything printed at least… i think… Also all sealed goods etc to ever exist.

2 Likes

My personal goal to to have a complete master set of all japanese sets. As I sit here every week trying to complete this collection I get constant thoughts of.
“Collect all languages”
“Get a binder collection displaying each Language of each set”
“Have a pokedex binder”

I feel like one of the things that makes a collection “impressive” isn’t just what you have but how you also choose to display it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e6wOOp0qoo

David put out his first video :blush: I can’t wait to see more of his collection!

Sorry for a old bump, but this is a dream for me that have been wanting to see what the biggest of the biggest is!

8 Likes