Which sets do you collect?

Right now I only collect one set: Korean Double Crisis. After I opened a booster box a few years back I was only missing a single card, which is why I want that single missing card to complete it. :wink: The only other sets I have complete are the Vending Machine Series 3 (Green) and for non-TCG the 1997 Carddass Parts 3+4 that you mentioned.

Although most already know, here an overview of what I collect and why I barely have any completed sets:

1. Pikachu TCG in all languages and variations, up to February 27th, 2021 (25th Pokémon Day). I’m currently missing just 12 out of 1431 officially released Pikachu cards. But including misprints, autographed cards, unofficial releases, etc. I currently own 1629 unique Pikachu TCG cards, with 10 more incoming.
  2. Seviper TCG in all languages and variations. This collection is 100% complete. (And a.f.a.i.k. still the only 100% completed single Pokémon collection in all languages in the world - although I know some collectors whom are very close with just 1 or 2 missing cards.)
  3. Seviper non-TCG collection (non-TCG cards; stickers; figures; pogs; coins; tags; DVDs; posters; etc. etc., basically anything featuring a Seviper, unless it’s something featuring the entire third gen). I’m currently waiting for stuff to arrive, since I haven’t really shared this collection yet. There are still a few Seviper items I’m still looking for, though.
  4. Moltres WotC #21 promo in all languages and variations: raw, sealed, and graded. I currently have the sealed Japanese 1st edition Pokémon Web pack incoming with a Moltres, so I’m only missing the sealed variations with Swedish and Danish inserts to 100% complete this collection.
  5. English and Japanese exclusive Full Art Supporter cards. Although I’m waiting for some cards to arrive, it’s also one of my 100% completed collections. Now I just try to keep up with new releases.
  6. Ancient Mew PSA-10 sixtet. Currently waiting for the Korean version to arrive, then I will have all six versions in PSA-10, so this mini collection is also 100% complete.
  7. Swablu BREAKthrough 124/162 card in all languages and variations. This mini collection is also 100% complete.

And three collections I’ve mostly stopped, but might one day continue perhaps:

• National Index including all Forms & Shiny Pokémon. This is complete excluding the Sword & Shield era of cards - both the entire generation 8, as well as any Shiny Pokémon or forms for previous generations released during the SwSh era (although the thread isn’t completely up-to-date).
  • Yu-Gi-Oh rarity collection. The non-misprinted portion is complete except for two rarities exclusively used for trophy cards. The misprinted portion is still ongoing, although I have most of the ones I wanted. Not all of them are added to the thread yet though…
  • Twisty puzzles. I’m mostly downsizing and selling puzzles, but I have bought one new puzzle last year. But apart from that exception this collection is at a standstill.

And one I’ve stopped a few years and also won’t continue:

• Mimikyu. I liked the Pokémon in the anime when the Sun & Moon era started, but after a while I lost interest. I stopped the collection when the Team Up set was released, which contained four Pikachu Ultra/Secret Rares; four Mimikyu Ultra/Secret Rares + two non/Reverse Holo; and ten Full Art Supporters. A bit too much at the time, especially since both Pikachu and Mimikyu had eight active languages at the time (we have eleven active languages now… :unamused: )

Greetz,
Quuador

8 Likes