Which is the most forgettable Gen 1 Pokemon?

There’s some sort of Pokemon fusion game/hack/thing and loads of horrible nightmare fuel results from fusing weird Pokemon like Mr Mime with others. Just Google search Pinsir fusions and prepare not to sleep tonight.

1 Like

I can agree that Seaking is pretty forgettable…I would probably go with Dodrio personally.

1 Like

I agree with seaking since it doesn’t differ a lot from regular fish. Compared to other mentioned stuff like seel, dodrio or lickitung there isn’t that many pokemon made of seels, three headed birds or tongue amphibians but there sure has been a lot of other and arguably more creative fish pokemon. I love it as a part of original 151 but i have to admit it could have more character

1 Like

Magmar is often forgotten even tho is he more badass then Charizard

1 Like

Not to mention one of the most powerful Gen 1 Pokemon, period. Rhydon was a MONSTER in the competitive scene in the early going. Yet in the anime they make it look like an Onix.

3 Likes

Re. Seaking, is there anything more tedious than the rematches with fishermen in FRLG who have 3-5 high level Seakings?

Can you even do anything competitively or dynamic with Seaking in any of the gens?

1 Like

If it’s possible, Seaking became even more irrelevant as the generations progressed, especially considering how many Water-type Pokemon there are.

2 Likes

Even with just fish-like Pokemon, there are loads more interesting-looking or viable choices like Lumineon or Relicanth…

I mean, Seaking’s “ace” move is Horn Drill right? Lol

I suppose the ONE notable feature of Seaking is that it had Waterfall as a signature move in Gen 1 before it became a HM.

2 Likes

It’s been used as Lightning Rod fodder on two teams that achieved VGC placements. That’s it.

I was so excited when it got Megahorn in FRLG. That didn’t help. Then it got a boosted Lightning Rod, physical water attacks, Drill Run, Poison Jab and Knock Off, that didn’t help either. It’s the kind of Pokemon that would need improvements across the board to become anything more than an outcompeted footnote in the lowest tier of every Gen.

2 Likes

I routinely forget Venonat exists until I see it in that one banner here on the site.

1 Like

For some reason I always forget about Doduo. Horsea is pretty forgettable too even though it has a good evolution line.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I’m glad no one has said kabuto, I would have started a riot

4 Likes

I had to stop reading this thread my heart couldnt take it

1 Like