Which Charizard would you buy if you had 2k

So I have two questions. If you’re a charizard fan what charizard card is a good card to get? Max amount to spend is 2k.

Also what in your opinion is a very underrated wotc card or ex era card?

Cheers!

3 Likes

If you don’t care for condition a shadowless zard or gold star would be cool.

Most underrated card to me is Aquapolis Holo Muk

8 Likes

I do not like Charizard, but if I had to spend $2K on it, I would choose:

EX Dragon in PSA 10:

16 Likes

Just buy 200 of these.

19 Likes

Answer to both, FPO

1 Like

Charizard 014/P Promo

Underrated Ex Card:

006/PLAY Celebi ex

Cheers!

16 Likes

Base set Charizard to get that iconic art. Once you get past ex era, there are a lot of very affordable (under $100) Charizards with great art. My personal favorite Charizard artwork is from Boundaries Crossed. It has a cosmos version that came in a blister.

I would try and buy cards that fit your budget and or are something you truly like and want to have. In my case, I love just about anything ex era since I’m most nostalgic to it. Same goes with DPP era since I remember opening it as a kid. Lots of ex cards, lv x, reverses, and regular holos from both eras are “undervalued” for what they are imo

2 Likes

Another great (cheaper) option is PSA 9 Shiny Charizard from Plasma Storm:

4 Likes

Hands down, forever and always, the CD/Trade Please Charizard. It also received another commemorative promo for the 20th anniversary that is often overlooked.

As for underrated ex cards: I strongly believe all of them are.

16 Likes

Can’t go wrong with Dark Charizard, my all time favorite card.

2 Likes

You might also consider the Japanese Base Set Charizard, which is significantly more affordable and has the superior art cutout (flame is part of the Charizard art instead of the background).

6 Likes

For $2K, you might be able to land an EX/NM Neo Destiny Shining Charizard which would be a nice consideration. You could easily get a nice Blaine’s Charizard from Gym Challenge or a Dark Charizard from Team Rocket also (or both for $2K in PSA 9).

As far as underrated WOTC or Ex… I think there’s still some opportunity in later Neo and E-Reader WOTC sets. Early WOTC I think is pretty established in comparison.

For Ex era, I’m still digging through it myself. A lot of it seems potentially undervalued. There’s a ton of sets and neat holos in it that seem like good buys still. As others have mentioned, there’s a lot of interesting stuff in vintage Japanese sets also.

2 Likes

Charizard xy-p 276 for $1000,

4 Likes

7 Likes

Tough one. I think this version; love me some dark "Zards!:

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Here’s a list of all charizard cards

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Charizard_(TCG)#Charizard

Ex Power Keeper PSA 10 regular holo… pretty low pop and iconic artwork

2 Likes

Charizard ex Fire Red Leaf Green PSA 9 & Charizard Secret Plasma Storm PSA 9

Comes to around $2k combined.

2 Likes

For 2k you could probably get either a PSA 8 Gold star Charizard or a PSA 8 shadowless zard. Both are very nice cards!

3 Likes

Just picked up my first one last week and arrived today. So iconic.

So I would say PSA 8 Charizard Shadowless.

1 Like