Which artist would you want to do a Signing Event?

And which card would you have them sign?

We’ve been talking a lot about signatures and signing events this past year and I’m curious, which artist would you love to have a signature from?

My favorite artist has got to be Tomokazu Komiya. Their use of Primitivism is wicked nostalgic and I’ve loved his art style since I saw his cards on the VS series.

Unfortunately he hasn’t done a Gyarados but I would totally ask for a signature and a drawing of Gyarados on this Stormfront Magikarp:
Edit: @mthursty has exposed my shame. I would get the New Year Present Card signed:

What about you all?

3 Likes

You’ve forgotten about the most expensive Komiya “Card” the New Years Present!

I would definitely love to attend a Komiya signing myself! So many amazing cards.

2 Likes

How on earth did I not realize that this was a Komiya card? :dizzy_face:

I’d love to see Himeno do a signing. Getting a signed set of her Natta Wake cards is a personal goal of mine. Kizuki would be another!

3 Likes

Miki Tanaka, Fossil Slowpoke, best art.

3 Likes

Midori Harada :slightly_frowning_face:

8 Likes

Besides the Big Three (Arita, Fukuda, Saitou) who have already signed fairly accessibly, I would love to see a Ryo Ueda signing. Amazing ex series and full art artwork!

5 Likes

Tokiya and Ryo Ueda would be so lit

5 Likes

Shin-ichi Yoshida & Hironobu Yoshida

1 Like

Atsuko Nishida so everyone can get their Pikachu illustrator cards signed lol. But seriously, she did the Expedition alternate Charizard which is one of my favorite artworks. Be amazing to get one signed by her for my collection.

2 Likes

Yuka Moori

2 Likes

Nishida Nishida Nishida Nishida

4 Likes

Kagemaru Himeno, sooo many great Jungle cards she could sign!

Alternatively Kimiya Masago. He did only 17 cards, but each is among the best cards in its respective set!

4 Likes

Naoyo Kimura to have my favorite artwork of all Pokémon cards signed: Moltres WotC #21 promo (English with corrected illustrator of course, as well as the Japanese Web version).

Apart from that, the signature at the top of my wanted list isn’t from an artist. It’s a Japanese Base Set Pikachu signed by Ikue Ōtani, the voice actress of Pikachu.

Already have my favorite Pikachu artwork signed by its artist. :blush:

https://instagram.com/p/B0QjgCoiEYJ
Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes

Nishida would be my dream. Espeon Neo Discovery had always been my favorite card art above all.

2 Likes

5Ban Graphics :blush:

Jk.

Sugimori would be the obvious first choice but that’ll never happen. I’d like to see one of the newer artists do a signing, maybe sui or sowsow. Here’s my pick for Sugimori, Pokemon Breeder Fields from Neo Revelation. Absolutely love this artwork.

6 Likes

To be honest I would really enjoy a 5Ban signing. While most aren’t visually appealing, some are really good. They are a conglomerate of artists though so it may be difficult.

1 Like

kirisaki. shes cute.

4 Likes

I would kill for a Sugimori signed jungle Snorlax and base Chansey. :,(

2 Likes

I’d love to have her sign one of the absolute top cards in the game, the Jpn sticker pack Birthday Pikachu.

1 Like