Where to buy bare slabs?

Is there any place that sells bare grading slabs? I really like the look of them over the current toploaders I’m using, but for the life of me I cant find the place that sells them. I emailed several of the ebay sellers that “self grade” cards, but they just dont reply when I ask them. Also dont need full slabs, just the part that holds the card, so if someone sells a case like that I would appreciate the info, thanks!

Don’t really have expensive cards yet that warrant sending off to PSA.

I don’t think there is a cost efficient way to purchase the cases as it implies the notion of imitating a PSA graded card.

I have sent off $2 cards to get graded, value doesn’t have to be the main factor in sending to PSA if you want to do so for your collection.

2 Likes

is there cases that dont have the top part of the slab? Im not trying to imitate PSA.

If all else fails GMA said they’ll case them for $2. I would much rather do it myself though than have a third party slab them up.

At $2 the price is great, but having my cards at a lacklucker grader is what worries me.

Finally found them!!!

www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-OF-50-PROFESSIONAL-EMPTY-GRADED-CARD-SLAB-HOLDER-LABEL-GRADING-/122361672031?hash=item1c7d52f15f:g:2tAAAOSwo4pYhW7j

1 Like

Just making sure you saw “You will need to seal the holder (s) yourself using either plastic adhesive or ultrasonic welder.”

1 Like

The ultra pro one touch cases are a much better option. Honestly these slabs should not exist at all. There has already been one instance of someone falsifying a fake card with one of these cases.

2 Likes

yeah also found out they’re not even big enough for Pokemon cards, so that option is out.

I’ve never likes those, the magnet is a huge eye sore.

Any time I see a card in one of those my eyes are drawn to the shiny magnet first rather than the card.

I never noticed that, but I can understand. If you can get past the magnet, it is the best non-graded protection out there.

1 Like

Maverick@ you need some OCD help bro lol. I never even paid attention to the magnet. I had to go grab one just to see what you were talking about.
What if you colored the magnet? They seriously are the best, most professional looking option.

2 Likes

Should probably explain, I’m a photographer by trade.

When I take a portrait of someone I will not put them next to something flashy that will draw the viewer’s eyes away from the subject. I do everything to make them stand out. (save for an environmental portrait where I have to balance the background with the subject).

Your eyes will also be drawn to things when even you don’t even realize it en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thirds

Modifying the magnet does seem like a good idea, was thinking about that earlier.

Thanks, really appreciate the advice!

Any opinion on the ultra pro recessed snaps? These looks like exactly what I want.

www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php?products_id=809

I’m pretty sure a seller on ebay sent me a card inside one of these things. I literally had to break it to get the card out. This may be what you’re looking for.

1 Like

That is what I wanted to hear thanks! Found place that sells them at MSRP

www.teamfancave.com/products/recessed-snap-tite?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=12185070017&gclid=Cj0KEQiAxeTFBRCGmIq_7rGt_r8BEiQANdPqUqNBBWZ9PY48_8O2NLinAzPxrn9q2A8wA4Tm3MGUdZUaAhf-8P8HAQ

I’ll make a youtube video on them when they arrive, for some reason there is not a single review on there there.
Which is kinda weird since people review EVERYTHING these days.

I remember having a bunch of these way back when I was a kid ( 15 - 20 years ago ). I used them for sports cards.

While reading this thread I was going to suggest these to you but glad to see you’ve already found it.

One thing I remember about those snap cases is they’re a pain to open, until you figure out the sweet spot. Unless the designs have changed, its like a hinged locking system. You place the card on the bottom piece, and have to hook the top to the bottom at almost a 45 degree angle and press the other side down until they snap. Sometimes the card can move in the process and you will pinch your card. Ultimately, this is the reason why I upgrade my sports cards to magnetic 1 touches and Pokémon to top loaders.

As for the different holder options above, IMO:

• PSA blank holders - should not exist, people are too good at fakes now a days

• Magnetic 1 Touch - I use these for all my expensive sports cards, as its what people like to see in the hockey card world. These make a ton more sense when dealing with sports cards because of the various thicknesses and making everything in your collection look uniform. One knock against these is I don’t like how Pokémon cards right now seem to be thinner than 35pt, which causes them to move more than my liking in the 1 touch

• Soft Sleeve / Top Loaders - Right now this is the option I use, followed by a team bag to protect from dust / animal fur. I also made myself a custom 2 row box which will hold these without bending the team bags.

2 Likes

I used these as a test alternative for my cards, I like them because of their simple design. I still prefer magnetic cases for all of my favorite cards. The magnetic cases give me a more comfortable feeling when it comes to security. I also photograph all of my cards, the golden magnet has never bothered me. Below is a picture of each case.

Mini Snap:

Magnetic:

2 Likes

I echo this above post.
The magnets also don’t scare me as much to encapsulate a card ^^
The mini snap cases worry me in case I accidentally position the card incorrectly inside.

1 Like

I went with the regular sized one, the mini listed sizes that were 1mm too close for my liking. The regular ones should fit with a perfect fit. At least I’m hoping they will. Also have sports cards in case they don’t work with these.

Hi all! Sorry for the thread necro, but I’m also interested in finding empty slabs, with an area for the card and one for a custom label. In a perfect world it would also be magnetic.

Has anything changed in 3 years in terms of availability of such product on the market?

Pretty sure GMA will do custom slab work

1 Like