when will psa change their sealed pack case?

Will the recent boom in pokemon make them rethink this new area of growth? And does BGS offer something like this?

5 Likes

Probably never honestly lol

5 Likes

Never lol 120 business day turnaround for a crappy pack case that destroys the packs. Makes me sad

1 Like

They’ve changed their cases for sealed promos and the thinner Pokémon packs (i.e. POP series) one or two years ago, so I guess there is still a tiny bit of hope they’ll change it for all packs one day. But I won’t be expecting it anytime soon tbh…

Maybe they will one day, when they realize they can get a lot of extra money from people sending in packs for either grading or re-casing from the old crappy ones.

Since PSA is good at listening to their customer requests (*ahum* Base ©1999-2000 *ahum* *ahum* idiots *ahum*), maybe if enough people message them they want graded packs like these, and state they’ll probably make money if they change those cases to these, they might one day actually do it. Maybe…
They might also stop grading packs all together, like they did with misprints. With PSA you never know. :confused:

As for your second question regarding BGS, I dunno, although I’m interested to hear the answer as well. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

8 Likes

I would love to know as well!

In a year or two! Hope they go black!

I mean as much as I wish they would change them, from a business point of view what happens with all the ugly packs that they have folded and ruined the wrappers with but are 10s?

1 Like

They would become the new meme 2xxx cert and would be branded untouchable

I’d be seriously all over graded packs if they didn’t fold the wrapper.

What excites me even more is the thought of graded sealed boxes, but I doubt that would ever happen.

1 Like

Only as opposed to 2xxx cert cards, there would be an objective reason to value the old-cased boosters less. I mean they’re folded/damaged and you probably wouldn’t even be able to get them recased whithout being pushed down a few grades.

2 Likes

It’s a tough one because currently they can just use the same case and fold the tabs for any Pokemon booster packs. The problem with keeping the tab intact is that we have short tab long tab etc so they would need to produce different cases/holders. Along with the damage done to all the previously folded ones. As much as I love it I think it would cause big problems.

After a different company starts doing it right and starts taking business away from them.

2 Likes

These really do look so much better! I really hope they do change it to something like this but i won’t get my hopes up…
Until then my sealed booster packs and money will be waiting patiently :relieved:

Yes! This is exactly what I would like graded packs to look like and I would definitely jump into graded pack collecting if they changed the normal pack case as well.

2 Likes