Has PSA *finally* changed their booster pack holder? *update

Came across this while browsing Ebay. I know that Topps Chrome packs only contain 5 cards, but in my experience the packs are pretty comparable with WOTC/new boosters thickness-wise.

www.ebay.com/itm/2000-TOPPS-CHROME-POKEMON-SERIES-ONE-FOIL-BOOSTER-PACK-PSA-GEM-MINT-10/133574020243?hash=item1f19a1cc93:g:Jb4AAOSw-IRfrK6o

16 Likes

wow nice find. thank you for posting. its gotta be the new one right? im still gonna wait for CGC’s version before sending my wotc but i guess its better than folding.

1 Like

Not a fan of how much plastic there is around the pack but that is sooooo much better

15 Likes

Exactly how I feel. Feels like those awkward cases they use for jumbos cards or sealed promos. Makes it look tacky but still a million times better than folding every side of the pack to fit into the smaller ones.

2 Likes

they should honestly weigh them . even if not on the slab, can come up on the pop/cert report

1 Like

Isn’t this what they have been doing for pop series packs and other smaller sets for a while?

2 Likes

Time to grade all the light packs!

2 Likes

The POP packs I’ve seen have either been encased in a regular case or the flat type case used for sealed promos. However, there may be example out there that I’m not aware of.

I’ve been so tempted so open my vintage box and grade the light packs, but the psa case and the longer time scale really put me off. Will be keeping an eye on this for sure.

1 Like

Hmm, interesting. Case does look different. www.ebay.com/itm/193523601083

You’d think PSA would want to promote this change to a better case if they are actually doing it lol

1 Like

I thought the same thing. People have been requesting a new design for years. You’d think they’d advertise/announce the change, but then again who knows. I’m going to wait and see before assuming that it’s the new standard. If it’s not, then there’s always CGC pack grading to look forward to.

2 Likes

Despite the extra plastic, I am really glad to see that they fixed the pack folding issue. The folding of the packs has always irritated me to no end. I guess they don’t hate pokemon packs now.

3 Likes

Totally. Folding the Pokémon packs was just disgusting. Glad to see it might be gone for good.

2 Likes

I know they have been working on this for some time. Hopefully they are now rolling it out, as I have plenty of packs I would love protected.

4 Likes

I feel like there’s gonna be a ton of fake or resealed graded packs if grading packs becomes more mainstream

3 Likes

I’m just gonna wait till cgc still way too much plastic and I’d rather not wait 100+ business days

1 Like

Got a sub in today with old ones, so that sucks.

6 Likes

Heck yes. I’d trust a seasoned collector more than PSA when it comes to identifying a reseal. Plus when you can be sure that the pack probably won’t be opened, that’s a great opportunity for scammers.
It’s a bit of a dilemma.

1 Like

Anything is better than the fold so they are going in the right direction. Much better now.

1 Like

Are we sure these are changed cases or just their slim design cases that they don’t use for normal pokemon booster packs?

5 Likes