When & Why did Legendary Collection Boxes Increase

Yeah I guess it depends though because out of the three that sold:

Best offer: apprx. $750 (red/black box)
Auction: $697 (green/yellow box)
Best Offer: $400 (green/yellow box)

But yeah you can definitely make a profit. I guess timing is everything, and I believe the categories you list them under, etc.

Awesome, thanks for the info. Iā€™m just getting back into collecting after solely playing the TCG for awhile so Iā€™m not completely up to date on pricing and such. Thanks :blush:

Iā€™ve just been getting back into it as well! But I have been keeping my eye on sealed booster box/packs prices for the past two months. Itā€™s unbelievable what the prices can go for - but the most shocking thing I discovered is someone who got really lucky, and I mean REALLY lucky and bought a sealed unlimited base set booster box for only $75.00!!! Thats about a $600 profit!!!

Well anyways here is a tip to find sold listing ā€œbest offerā€ prices:

Go to ebay search what you are looking for, like ā€œpokemon sealed booster boxesā€

then make sure it only shows ā€œsold listingsā€

change the settings to list from highest to low

it wont directly tell you the price of the best offers, but you can indirectly figure it out (or at least a range) by looking at items that sold for their buy now price above and below the best offer price you are looking at.

For example:

I donā€™t know that the best offer for the one VS green/yellow box was actually $400.00 even however this is what I can tell:

The item listed above it sold for $388.88 + 11.50 shipping = $400.38 total

The item listed below it is a buy now sale that completed at $399.99

This means that since the VS green/yellow box is in between them it sold at a price ranging from $399.99 - $400.38

Most likely being $400.00 even

1 Like

Wowee people just go nuts for them

The Green Yellow shouldnā€™t have sold for that much.
Thatā€™s ridiculous.

There are no good holos in that set, nor are there very desirable cards.
I think the $400 mark is more normalized.

My guess is people go crazy for it because they have that ā€œreleased in Japan onlyā€ mentality + ā€œitā€™s a booster box so itā€™ll be worth a fortune in 5 yearsā€ mentality as well.

And in some cases it is true, others ehhh ā€¦ who knows. Thatā€™s just my opinion on why it sold the way it did anyways

I donā€™t know much about new Pokemon sets. Is the set you are talking about in the first post, legendary treasures, black and white?

@ccgcollector

Legendary Collection is different than Legendary Treasures
Legendary Collection had the firework RHs
Legendary Treasures had the RC subset

www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Pokemon-Legendary-Collection-Booster-Box-ENGLISH-WoTC-36-Packs-Cards-MINT-/271466494863?pt=Trading_Card_Games_US&hash=item3f34a9fb8f

Thereā€™s one lc box for auction now. Looks like some nice person saw your message, lol! :grin:

Lolol!!! Looks like this will end up being a good auction :rofl:

I would like to point this out about supply and demand. Thereā€™s a guy to this day that still has old stock Pokemon. He owns over 1,000 base first edition boxes. I personally believe there is atleast 100 people out there with over a thousand boxes each(from 2010 on back), probably more. The only problem with people like this, they are waiting for the high sell prices to come back. Like the auction record $10,000 for a grade 10 Charizard, first edition. This is a little more relevant than my last post.

A thousand 1st edition boxesā€¦ wow. That is crazy

What I would do to own $5,000,000 in Pokemon cardsā€¦

That is incredibly hard to believe but it would be a sight. There being 100+ people out there with 1000+ boxes is outlandish - have you seen the stock of this guy with 1000+ 1st edition base boxes?

My eyes got big when I saw Garyā€™s listing with 9 1st edition base boxes!

I am doubtful as well but you never know with boxes how many still remain.

Wow! I hope there are plenty of boxes from older sets to be honestā€¦ Just means there will be a steady flow of boxes flowing through the years to come. Hahah I just saw that the lc booster box is being auctioned off. $300 with 6 days to go!? Thats redonkulous

I didnā€™t know the charizard authority was on here. I just talked to you a couple days ago on EBay, fossil sheet. I have seen a picture with a count of atleast 300 shown stacked.

What was the nature of the photo with the 300+ stack. Like someones personal collection they were showing off, or potentially an old stock photo of a card shop they owned back in the late '90s? Just curious (:

Honestly I couldnā€™t confirm the photo, you could be right. I personally believe it after all the Pokemon stuff Iā€™ve seen in Japan.

I think itā€™s possible that there are people with a large inventory of the boxes, maybe in the hundreds of the 1st edition. I wouldnā€™t think a thousand though (thatā€™s a lot of anything). Since there are people who have shown off their collections of 300+ boxes and stuff like that it is not completely out of the question. Extremely unlikely given the nature of the price of them however. Even if someone had 300 there would be no reason not to sell at least 100 of them and make $70,000 quick. And if that was true most people on eBay would have realized the trend. Anything is possible though, especially after I saw an unlimited base set booster box (non-1st edition) sell for just $75 last month. Who knows it could be someone who is very wealthy using the boxes as a form of ā€œstockā€ waiting for the price to rise even more. I guess only time can tell