What's your "pet" card? A card/collection that you may be the only one to care about?

You all know that no one cares about collecting all the decks like I do.

9 Likes

Wow! This looks amazing. Are you collecting every deck or just a particular era? Are you missing stuff?

Cheers!

@mrbubbles I am collecting all English retail-available game-legal decks including all box variants. I have 355 out of 365 unique deck boxes which I have identified from Base set to current. About 314 are sealed decks and that doesnt include the collection boxes that had decks packaged in them (about 35 of those, of which I have 26) . I likely will push for all sealed decks once I have completed getting all variant boxes. After that will push for World championship decks so I can stop saying “Game legal” in my collection description, it’s really annoying to not just say “all English decks”.

Sadly 6 of the remaining 10 deck variant boxes I need are really hard to find and rarely pop up. The others are really overpriced with limited listings right now so im waiting for them to popup elsewhere.

So yeah, no one else that ive found collects all the decks. But if youre out there, lets talk.

2 Likes

One of the little side collections I started early in the pandemic was assembling and documenting all the flip coins from Generation I+II. It was relatively inexpensive to complete, but very difficult to research and assemble. Documentation and knowledge about flip coins is very poor. I found a few that weren’t documented and disproved a few that were thought to exist. It was a lot of fun.

The Chansey in the toploader remains undocumented — I haven’t a clue where it comes from and neither does anyone else. I have never seen another one.

Very few people take an interest in these at all. They’re definitely my little pet project.

12 Likes

One of my random collections I really enjoy is my Digimon Battle Spirits collection. There were multiple sets released as part of this collaboration, before the current Digimon Card Game happened, starting in 2017. The artwork was bonkers to me going from the OG Digi-Battle artwork to this new style!

Above are some of my favorite artworks that I currently have. I’m still missing a few Xs from each set and I’m not sure many people know all the SEC/alternative arts that exist. I still am pleasantly surprised to see new ones occasionally pop up on eBay, but there are also some that I know that exist, but they’re currently not up for sale either.

3 Likes

I’m digging a little deeper on this one. These are some pictures of my Star Wars Episode 3 Topps trading cards. When the movie came out I was really into it and it was probably the first movie I had purposely ever gone to see twice. I picked up a few packs from Target and held onto the random cards, never completing the base set until I decided to revisit this collection about 5 years ago.

As you can see, this set has just a ton of random stuff in it. On top of the base set there are inserts containing lenticulars, embossed cards, stickers, tattoos, chrome ghost-like cards, some really shiney idk what to call them cards that make a picture when you put them together. There are also additional promo cards that were inserted into tins. I think some lenticulars were also exclusive to other sources. I’ve seen a couple online but am not sure where they come from.

In addition to what I have in my binder I also have a sealed (non hobby) box, sealed tin, and multiple sealed packs from another box I started opening before deciding that it’s probably loads cheaper to buy the random stickers and whatever else I need to complete my collection.

(My tin is hanging out…somewhere else)

4 Likes

These are from before the new official digimon tcg?

They look way better than the new tcg lol

Yeah, they are! I’m just glad the new game is also driving unique artwork. I don’t play but I enjoy seeing the new stuff. However, after having these Battle Spirits cards, it did make the announcement of the new game and cards not as exciting as it could have been. Each Battle Spirits card is basically a full art/large art, and the new Digimon cards have those white borders. It’s too distracting now for I can not unsee it. :expressionless:

It sure feels like I am one of like 4-5 people who collect Greninja cards.