Cards you admire from afar

What are the cards or sets you admire from afar because you are priced out, have other cards you would rather spend $ on, etc.? (This is basically a shill post for cards you DON’T own)

For me, it is definitely the Gen 3 cards since that is the generation of games I grew up with! I would have loved to have a complete set of all of the Delta Species and Gold Stars cards. I tend to admire them from a distance now since I really do not need to have another category of cards to spend money on, and if I start collecting more than 1 or 2 of each, then I think that my collection is incomplete if I do not have them all. So I will just admire them from a distance :slight_smile:

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

17 Likes

Certain vintage Japanese trophy cards are definitely very interesting because of the history of Pokémon/tcg.

I think the fact that they were the beginning of the franchise is something very cool. Nostalgia for pokemon is incredibly unique and some of those cards like others can just bring you back to a certain point in time.

Those are some of the cards I admire from afar

6 Likes

I admire some of the Art Academies that rarely/never show up for auction.

And others that are overpriced with no other options available.

12 Likes

It simply does not exist to me

20 Likes

Basically most modern alt arts

17 Likes

This is my dream card. If someday I acquire it (or the girl trainer), I will die happy.

2 Likes

Moonbreon

4 Likes

Anything i can’t complete without becoming a millionair. If i get it and it’s part of a set my mind starts to wander into other pieces of that set. I can resist ofc but i rather collect something else than pieces that feel incomplete

3 Likes

Basically every post in the “What’s your most recent purchase?” thread that I think looks like a cool card and then I go and look it up.

8 Likes

The lost origin giratina alt art. I know its modern but i absolutely love that card and the price is just too much to justify on a modern card right now.

5 Likes

Japanese EX/DP era holos, maybe in future I will start collecting them but for now I just enjoy when they pop up on here

3 Likes

Most things that doesn’t come from an english vintage booster, rough range:

9 Likes

pikamaniawindow

21 Likes

image image

from far far away… if only I had collected Japanese in 2016

20 Likes

It could be much worse. I did collect Japanese back in 2016 and I remember these first hitting ebay at a much much lower price than today and getting close to buying them but at the last minute backing out because, nah, too expensive. :person_shrugging:

4 Likes

That squirtle, I can’t count how many times i’ve browsed ebay :smiling_face_with_tear: Just never pulled the trigger

5 Likes

Anime Look Up GIF - Anime Look Up Sad - Discover & Share GIFs

24 Likes

8 Likes

Tropical Mega Battle English Pokémon VS Bruno’s Hitmonchan

DP-P 098
DP-P 099
DP-P 100
DP-P 101
DP-P 102

Pokémon Center 10th Anniversary DP-P Pikachu Set

Games Expo 2007 Ditto

Games Expo 2007 Delta Species Ditto [Squirtle]

16 Likes

TRR gold stars, grand party, mcdonald e series holos, the creatures deck, english vs set cards, and the extra battle day FA trainers.

I cant justify any of their prices (except maybe a creatures deck box) and already bought my grail card for the year. Better to appreciate from a distance for now.

5 Likes