What's your favorite card that tells a story?

You can put this Flaaffy next to it when it’s Christmas (also an on-topic artwork for this thread). :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

12 Likes

@pentagon, “It is believed that this Pokémon will steal the spirit of anyone peering into its hollow body from its back.” from Shedinja’s pokedex entry. The bug killed him it looks like. I’m also not entirely sure what the hole is that the guy is hanging over.

One of my favorite cards I own, because of the tie in with the plot from Red/Blue.

7 Likes

@quuador

Why stop there? :blush:

8 Likes

Good question indeed :slightly_smiling_face:

Greetz,
Quuador

5 Likes

always loved ancient trait gyarados from ancient origins, it’s kinda the same concept as the shining gyarados, but the fisherman’s panic always killed me

1 Like

If there was any doubt to how good this card and concept are, Arita himself said, I think I want to take a different angle on this, when he re-created it for Great Encounters.

1 Like

Hadn’t realized until you posted this in HD, that flaaffy is arcing to the electrical plug. It’s actually powering the tree!

3 Likes

Look in the background…

Though actually, the more that I look at it, these cards seem to match Scrafty’s better:

there are a lot of Plusle and Minun cards that tell stories!

3 Likes

How the heck did he get up that high??? Also I LOVE the locations that late e-series through ex sets explore. I wish we could see more of this creative geography in todays sets. Like Holon, for instance, or the island of crystals in Crystal Guardians, and all the strange ruins and stuff in Skyridge. Like, give us more of that Pokemon!

1 Like

These are fantastic!
I love that Trubbish got some attention and even a story. He was all lonely living in a bunch of rotting junk until pure water pokemon showed him some beauty of nature and friendship! :sob:
That cocky Charmander not getting along with his young trainer but then quickly becoming his total bro is also a nice one!
Also Doduo starting as some clumsy delivery pokemon and ending up as a mascot of a whole company is such a great little idea.
Damn pokemon cards is the deepeset lore pokemon product.

1 Like