What's your favorite card that tells a story?

They all tell stories to me but here are some of them:

8 Likes

I’ve always interpreted this artwork as a depiction of Mewtwo breaking out of the Team Rocket base, giving one last loathing, sad look over the shoulder while reminiscing its birthplace. A grim place of misery and despair to which it never wants to return.
Very powerful facial expression in this artwork imo, especially the eyes.

12 Likes

9 Likes

2 Likes

Always considered adding this to my wailmer collection!

1 Like

Still not sure I understand quite what is going on in this scene (besides a group of Snorunts walking single-file through the snow and the Castform looking at the footprints). But I love the art on the card and have to imagine that it tells more of a story than what I’ve understood.

7 Likes

Look for the man in these two cards

8 Likes

Had forgotten about this Golurk card from Evolving Skies… But finding it in my binder today, it is AWESOME! Really fun, nice story, Glad to have pulled it, cuz I’d not have bought it otherwise.

3 Likes
2 Likes

@hugs, I had found the man in the above art, but I admit I am struggling for the bottom.

Is he climbing out of the whole to the left, two arms and a hat? - I admit I have absolutely no idea what is going on there! But it may be a trainer cameo… into the collection you go!

8 Likes

One of my favorite card arts.

1 Like

I interpret it to be the body of a man, laid on his front on the floor (with a fish eye lens perspective). The Pokedex for Shedinja says it takes the spirit of anyone who looks at its back, so this is a rare example of a fainted (dead?) person on a Pokemon card. Komiya of course.

3 Likes

There are so many good ones out there that I really like
I’m gonna post this one since it follows the Christmas theme. Illustrated by the one and only Kagemaru Himeno!

4 Likes

Kudoz to those Jumpluff for not instantly fainting when touching the snow like their in-game counterparts.

3 Likes

Porygon fan club card is my favorite! So much nostalgia in that artwork for me. I can picture my 2D avatar about to enter the rocket hideout haha

2 Likes

4 Likes

I always thought the man in this Shedinja card was something that Shedinja was holding to assist with the magic, like Alakazam’s spoons. Nice find!

1 Like

im gonna need to get this card and put it on my desk for the month of December :santa:t4:

2 Likes

6 Likes