What’s your favorite Non-Holo 1st ed. Base card?

Sent this into PSA from my binder collection and was happy with the results! This card has always stood out to me ever since I was a child. I’m curious to know what everyone else’s favorite cards are from base set. Sorry if this thread has been made in the past, I’m quite new to the forum.

5 Likes
  1. Dragonair

2. Red Cheeks Pikachu

3. Magmar

2 Likes

Dragonair for sure

4 Likes

Electabuzz has some classic art, it’s nice seeing it brought back in a number of sets.

4 Likes

Dugtrio. Has nothing to do with the art, was just one of my favorite Pokémon.

3 Likes

Charmeleon always sparks the most nostalgic feeling for me for some reason.

3 Likes

I always thought the Bulbasaur artwork was fantastic.

5 Likes

Caterpie.

3 Likes

It really is fantastic seeing revived arts from base set. I’m a big fan of the Stormfront and Platinum secret rares.

1 Like

Dude congrats on that stellar grade! I graded a grey stamp 1st ed beedrill like a year ago and got a 9!

To answer the question though, wartortle gets my number one spot! Followed closely by diglett then poliwag.

I’m reeeeaalll bummed out that wartortle didnt get a reprint in xy evolutions. The reverse holo of that card would have looked mondo cool!

1 Like

Pikachu, expecially red version, and dragonair.

3 Likes

Gastly and Haunter. Always liked Voltorb, as well.

I’m just a big fan of Kinebuchi’s style in general. Shame we don’t really see his artwork anymore.

2 Likes

The Card that should of been a Holo

5 Likes

Porygon

2 Likes

Ghost stamp Pikachu; Thin stamp Pikachu; and Dutch 1st ed. Pikachu. :stuck_out_tongue:

Jk. My favorite artwork of the non-Holo Base Set cards would be Dragonair for sure, although I also really like the Haunter and Weedle.

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes

Love that one, too.

Kinebuchi >>>

The coloring on weedle is soooooo much better than unlimited that it should be a crime

1 Like

I’m a big fan of imposter professor oak!

2 Likes

I like the pencil art the best, so weedle and dewgong

2 Likes

Dragonair or arcanine

3 Likes