What PSA grade would you guess for my Shadowless Zard?

Hey guys! I’m excited to be here! It looks like there’s a lot of knowledge and experience on this forum.

I’ve been collecting for a few months now to re-live my childhood, and it’s been so fun. This card is my baby. Centering top to bottom on both sides seems to be perfect, however, left seems a tiny bit smaller than right, but maybe my eyes are playing tricks! Also, the holo seems to have a light scratch on the bottom-right quadrant, on the purple stripe. Edges and corners are gorgeous.

One more thing. There seems to be some very light factory drag lines running up and down the holo that are so light, I don’t know if they’re actually part of the artwork or what. You can’t even see them in the photos.

Here are the photos:

So what do you think? 7, 8, 9, or (dare I say) 10? (Probably not a 10, I know).

Thanks a bunch!
DanTheDoozy

depends on how many times youre willing to regrade

8-9

Middle top edge has bad silvering on the front and those scratches on the back.

Maybe an 8.5. I wouldn’t be happy if this was graded a 9 tbh.

1 Like

I’ve seen worse 10s lol

@op Expect an 8-9 and hope for a 10 of course. If the grade is too low for what you think the card should be then send it in for review once you get it back

edit : with the silvering and the faint scratch I’d call this a 9 but again, you’ll just have to grade it and see what happens

Assuming no scratches, a 10.

But use a very bright lamp or torch.

1 Like

I graded an 8 not that long ago that looked worse than yours for sure. Assuming no holo scratches I would say a 9.

Solid 9

I would say 80% PSA 9, 10% PSA 10, 10% PSA 8 (because PSA)

3 Likes

A torch? Scary lol :rofl:

I give you $5 for it. New cert numbers are lower quality grades anyway #reversingthetrend

3 Likes

Likely a 9 imo

By that signature I see you are a man of culture

You mentioned “some up and down” scratches on the foil as well as another scratch. Theses also a bit of whitening.
Maybe an 8?

2 Likes

That’s a 8-9 more likely a 9 IMO unless those drag lines you mention are severe then a 8

1 Like

I guess a 9! Go for it and let us know! :blush:

1 Like

The drag lines are so unnoticeable, you need a good lamp and the card tilted at just the right angle. Once you see them, they are so faint they almost look like part of the artwork.

I think I will!! You guys have been super encouraging, but also honest.

I think a very strong 8 with some luck, a 9!

UPDATE!!

PSA just notified me of the grade, so I’ll let the screenshot speak for itself!

14 Likes