Oh my god I don’t even know where to start here. First, you really need to restructure ypur sentences because they are so overly wordy and run on forever. Don’t take that as an insult, just constructive criticism. I was losing the point of the long sentences by the time I was halfway through them.
But to respond the main points… Pokemon exist in nature in universe, but they are not meant to be believable in the sense that they came from natural evolution. They are literally inspired by Japanese monsters, demons, ghosts, etc. If you complain about Vanilluxe existing, then surely you dislike Voltorb, Magnemite, and Muk. And speaking of that line, you do know they aren’t literally ice cream cones, right? Its sentient icicles with snow accumulated on top to give it an ice cream appearance. I don’t understand where how basing youre criteria for what is considered lazy and uninspired. You literally pointed to Ekans as a well thought out concept.
In terms of the changing design philosophy of Pokemon through the generations, that is a personal choice. But I feel like it’s a pointless argument unless you can point put what about the changes you don’t like. Is it the softer features? Larger heads or rounder bodies? Because gen 1 and 2 had massive differences in design philosophy, so if you don’t care about that then I think it’s just nostalgia that drives your opinion on this.
Anyway. I’m not trolling. Your points, when they were making any sense, were literal examples of the inconsistency in reasons for hating certain Pokemon designs or generations.
I, for one, enjoy the vast majority of Pokemon. There are probably only a couple of dozen designs I don’t like. And all of the inanimate objects Pokemon are kings.
Also, come on. Let’s not pretend the inspiration for Klefki is even remotely close to the inspiration for a Pokemon based in carpet. Just because you are unfamiliar with it’s particular inspiration doesn’t make it lazy.
Pokemon that wear clothes. Like…did someone dress Machoke when he evolved? Did he dress himself? Or did those pants just appear? Because now Pokemon are capable of creating mass from nothing, which is…a pretty big deal.