What is your WOTC - D&P grail card?

As the title asks , what is your grail card you own or wish to own?

Graded or Raw ? What condition preferably that you wish or already have?

Let’s keep it within the possibility you could still pull it or find it for sale on a platform.

Can wait too read what you have achieved or what you dream of owning as your grails :innocent::raised_hands:

3 Likes

Mine has to be Shining Gyarados from Neo Revelation. Latios Gold Star and Tyranitar from Neo Discovery are up there too.

JP promos included? My porygon fanclub. Wish to own the fanclub magikarp one day.

2 Likes

If I had to just do set cards for simplicity:

Gen 1 wotc- 1st ed Base Charizard: it speaks for itself. Super iconic card
Gen 2 wotc - Neo Destiny Dark Espeon: my favorite Espeon card
Gen 3 - Rayquaza gold star. My favorite Pokemon is Rayquaza and the GS may be even tougher to get than the 1st ed Base Charizard. Regardless, its super pricey
Gen 4 - Stormfront Charizard: its just a super cool card and concept.

That card is B.A. UETIFUL

The scene , the art , the story from the games :pinched_fingers:t3:

Also the first shiny Pokémon too be put onto a card I think I may be wrong on that though lol

1 Like

The Porygon is so nice and I do like the Eevee from that fan club set

I hear you on the Gold Star Rayquaza… it just hits different with its art and rarity.

Truly I believe it may get too the point of being even harder too get than the 1st edition Charizard as you have mentioned , it’s population and how hard it is too grade a mint - gem mint copy speaks for its self

1 Like

Spring Battle Road Cynthia Cosmo Holo i guess :rofl:

I mean it would be cool to get but still need to get myself the expensive JP full arts currently.

1 Like

The highest graded rare from the rarest english released set in the whole of pokemon. It was an honour and a privalege to grade and own you my friend.

3 Likes

Had to look that one up ! It’s a beautiful card as well ! The holo for the spring - winter battle road prize cards and trophies are just ( chef kiss ) :pinched_fingers:t3:

1 Like

What a GEM !

1 Like

My favourite artwork of all time of my favourite Pokemon of all time. Still searching for the perfect 10. It’s not even out of reach as I’ve purchased many other cards that were more expensive. I guess I just don’t want it to come easy to me or for the chase to end in an anticlimactic manner?

4 Likes

A true true true 10 and not a cgc 8 upgrade I get ya lol.

I’m too risk averse to ever attempt to grade or crack and resub.

I get that. My view is it’s a numbers game. Keep sending til the desired result is gained. If I had unlimited cash I’d be buying sooo many 8s and 9s to send.

All the power to those who have the strength to do that! In the past I thought I had a good understanding of card condition but got burned severely on a submission. Just felt like throwing money down the drain. I’d rather put in hard work at my job, save up and pay more to guarantee the grade of a card I want to own as opposed to gambling hoping for a positive outcome.

1 Like

I’ve found the condition of the card barely matters when it gets a grade. Random pot luck. Can’t fail if keep sending.

Ya, I’ve seen other E4 members have positive success with resubs. Not saying it can’t be done with enough attempts. Just a personality thing, I guess. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

If you’re including JP promos, it has to be the 2000 Lucky Stadium TMB promo for me. I really like the story / art of the Lucky Stadium set and this would complete my set. It also is bilingual similar to the Bilingual Exeggutor promo (I’d also die for the TMB variant of this) which adds to how cool the card is.

A close second and third for me are the 1999 and 2000 Tropical Wind variants. I think the only one that is actually obtainable for me is the 1999 in DMG condition (if anyone has one that is basically destroyed, I’d be happy to buy it off of you!).

In general, I aim for grails in damaged condition (like PSA 5 and below) bc then I can justify them going into binders and not destory my bank account.

8 Likes

Now that is one sexy Ho-oh … :raised_hands: