What is your favorite *unpopular* alt art?

I love these two, but I don’t see much interest in them!

Post some of your favorite unpopular/underappreciated alt arts.

13 Likes

Jiro Sasumo gave it all the stinky love it deserves

7 Likes

Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 10.59.02 PM

Even Diglett wants to join in on the fun :face_holding_back_tears:

4 Likes

6 Likes

‘Unpopular’ being a relative term

9 Likes

I posted this in an art thread somewhere, but I really enjoy this card. The Pokemon itself isn’t particularly popular, but the card composition is phenomenal in my opinion; I like the contrast of the colors, the placement of the Pokemon (and the 2x Chinchou and 1x Lanturn in the background), and seeing a part of the Pokemon world we don’t often see.

18 Likes

love that honchcrow !

Who doesn’t like this? It’s pure Mary Blair golden-age Disney.

1 Like

Here are my picks for S&M and for SWSH. Both of them are among my favorites. I think Togepi/Cleffa/Igglybuff is under the radar a bit because it was released as a promo very late in the S&M cycle and Golurk gets forgotten in the sea of eeveelutions from evolving skies.

11 Likes

I love the tulips

13 Likes

I really don’t like the new Regi’s as pokemon, but everything about the Regidrago alt art is gorgeous.
Hataya is a new artist that immediately caught my eye with their attention to detail and unique art style, which is best exemplified with this alt art. I hope they get to do more art rares and alt arts in the SV era.

9 Likes

No idea if this is unpopular or not, my favorite ultra modern card (fourth time I make that statement, and I’ll happily make it again.) Koda has made some nice cards but this is the crowning jewel and by some considerable distance. And it’s the only alt! Makes no sense.

3 Likes

This one looks gorgeous in Japanese! The deep shimmery blues are to die for!

1 Like

Birdseye view of forested flatlands under a gorgeous night sky reflected in pools of fresh water, low clouds and a tornado Chameleon. Card feels like a custom order.

2 Likes

Some of my favs… im kinda measuring their popularity on price point. Golurk is one of my favs, im pretty sure Beedrill is around $20, but theyre both beautiful! Also, i love Genesect. Kabutops is one of my fav pokemon and genesect is basically just android kabutops lmao

s-l500

7 Likes

Oh I’m interested :sunglasses:

Kimura’s only alt? Yezz plz

2 Likes

Wow, I’ve never looked at this card closely. I always thought the background was just the sky. I didn’t realize it was actually a frozen like with Pokemon Visible. I will buy this card.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if I’d fully class Noivern as unpopular, but it doesn’t seem to have the same attention towards it that it did when Evolving Skies first came out. I think it has gotten less popular as newer alts have come out while the eeveelutions + Rayquaza from the same set remained popular. It’s my personal favorite alt art.

This one makes me laugh

The Celebi is another art that was really popular at release, but has somewhat faded into obscurity (probably because its in Fusion Strike, an unpopular set, and it was a Promo in Japan)

10 Likes

Honestly, all the Brilliant Stars Alt Arts are lovely in their own way. Lumineon is one of the most forgettable Pokemon out there but the soft colour composition in this card is otherworldly.

8 Likes

This is my favorite “unpopular” alt art b/c I liked how the texture pattern made an illusion of the ripple extending from the art.

3 Likes