what is your favorite underrated pokemon?

Wow I forgot about Grumpig…truly underrated

1 Like

Grumpig is one of those really unappreciated ones, like Cherrim-levels of unpopular.

One could also argue that Tangela and Primeape are hot contenders for the “tru unpopular”-category because, unlike some of the forgotten ones, these are Kanto mons featured in the most popular sets, episodes, games and everything. Quite a feat to be so unmentioned, lol.

1 Like

Minun and Plusle :sob:

Yes, they really deserve evolutions or something to boost their status. The best pikaclones.

A lot of their card art is 10/10 too. I wonder what a Plusle/Minun evolution would look like though

Totally, EX Dragon for example. I think their evolutions could be many different things. I’d love it if one of them become a chonker with high hp and defense and the other turns into a tall and lean speed-demon.

@c0ll3ct0r There are definitely some underrated gen 3 pokemon but Id say posting the gen 2 dex would have been more fitting. Gen 2 fits the general aesthetic and design of gen 1 but doesn’t have nearly as much hype as the original gen. Given their designs are similar to the popular gen 1 pokemon more than any other gen but are far less popular, Id say gen 2 is the most underrated gen imo.

I wouldn’t call Gen 2 underrated though, it is commonly worshipped by so many people as the greatest Pokemon gen ever. Gen 3 is where it’s like falling off a cliff, where people forget character names and such.

2 Likes

Gen 2 pokemon, not gen 2 itself. And gen 1 popularity is way more than gen 2

That’s what I meant, Gen 2 Pokemon. And something being more unpopular than gen 1 is not the same as being unpopular or “underrated.”

Or two chunky chonkers :sunglasses:

Agree to disagree I guess :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oooh, I had an idea!

Plusle, based on adding, evolves into 2 pokemon.
Minun, based on subtracting, evolves into a ghost type.

Not sure if totally underrated, but since getting back into collecting I’ve become a fan of Wigglytuff:

I like that it’s a friendly Pokemon, yet it can become enraged and really hold its own in a fight.

3 Likes

Submit your resume to TPC pls

That’d be awesome tbh

1 Like

It looks super cuddly, but you don’t wanna get it mad…

2 Likes

Double Edge on Wigglytuff in Pokemon Stadium 2 agrees with you.

Flygon has always been in my top 3 favorite Pokemon :blush:

1 Like

After playing through Diamond recently i thought Luxray was pretty underrated

3 Likes

Mantine is also one of my favorites :grin:

7 Likes