Underrated Pokemon

Very often I hear of people talking about “underrated cards” in terms of financial value, but I was wondering what people think are underrated pokemon in terms of just general coolness/uniqueness/cuteness/whatever you like.

I’ll go first.

Arceus. This pokemon was meant to literally be the God of all Pokemon. He’s supposed to be able to breath on other legendary Pokemon and kill them with his eyes closed. Like cmon. In the VG he was pretty good, in the TCG he saw popularity with the ADP deck, but in terms of collecting? meh. He has a couple cool (ish) cards, but I don’t know very many Arceus collectors like myself. I think his lack of popularity may be because he’s from gen 4 (?) and not from the popular gens like 1 & 2. Anyways, what Pokemon do you guys think deserve more attention?

11 Likes

Darkrai and baby Pokémon. Baby Pokémon have been almost completely neglected with the exception of a handful of cosmic eclipse cards

5 Likes

The things any average ghost type Pokemon can do to you if you antagonize it is absolutely underrated. Fire Blasts & Hydro Pumps? Cute.

3 Likes

Dusclops

6 Likes

I’m dying of laughter rn. Good one !

Dedenne

11 Likes

see pfp

3 Likes

Caterpie. Ash’s first pokemon catch.

10 Likes

I think all the cute Pokemon are underrated across the board. A lot of people say Psyduck or Rowlet are their favorites.

7 Likes

Slowpoke. He might be mid tier in terms of popularity, but still, I feel that is underrated for him. He deserves top tier status.

11 Likes

slowpoke is king

2 Likes

Absol is absolutely underrated.

19 Likes

Was going to say Dusclops, but @admiral beat me to it lol. I’ll say Banette, Exploud, Flygon, and Jirachi (not really sure if Flygon and Jirachi count as underrated, though).

Bulbasaur

1 Like

Unown, Armaldo, Dunsparce, Gastrodon, Smoochum, Togepi

13 Likes

Uxie

3 Likes

I’m surprised Haxorus isn’t more popular/have more cards.

4 Likes

Wow, beat me to it huh!? Haha

Im obviously going to second this one all day. :blush:

2 Likes

Venonat - I thought this Pokemon looked so cute and cool at the same time when I first saw its appearance in the anime:

With a cute cry and some access to some cool psi moves, I was instantly intrigued by the bug. Despite my love of Gyarados - bug and psychic types have always been my favorite and over the years Venonat just reminds me so much why I love Bug Pokemon in particular.

It’s got some seriously cute artwork too in the postcard and cards it appears in:

10 Likes

Electrode, YEAH I SAID IT!!! I’m a big fan of all the WoTC artworks for torb and trode.

2 Likes