A fun change of pace.

Whats going on everyone!? Hope all are doing well during these tumultuous times.

Id thought id be a fun break away from norm of what has been daily discussions for a while now of price and market related things to open a fun question for everyone to indulge in. I was going through buying a bunch of plushies in relation to gen 2 (my most favored gen) when this question came up while browsing the gen 2 pokemon as a whole.

The question is as follows: Whats a pokemon that you either love or enjoy which flies under the radar for most, or is generally unliked?

In this case, my answer here would be Jumpluff. Its one of those random pokemon evos that was never very good cardwise or in game, but overall the whole evo line i thought was adorable and a nice addition as a whole. With that in mind and this idea, id love to hear everyones thoughts and maybe this could be a great way for engagement beyond what weve seen in recent days.

I look forward to others answers and have a great weekend!

(If this idea was done before, please forgive me as well. I feel its quite general so it might have been, but couldnt hurt to just throw this out there again regardless. Beats any price discussion things :blush: )

15 Likes

Nice idea. I always thought Exploud was under-appreciated. It’s an awesome looking Pokemon, well-developed evolutionry line, and recognizable.

8 Likes

Hm, good question! From gen 2 I´d say it´s Delibird for me, I loved to catch it in the game and always thought its ability is very unique (making presents/gifting). He´s also a funky looking bird!

7 Likes

Mantine and Quagsire, been waiting for the sitting cuties for both to come back in stock on the pokemoncenter but it’s been a while. Mantine because of design, and quagsire because of fond memories of wifi/showdown battling back in gen 5.

4 Likes

Seedot, nuzleaf, shiftry.

Totally badass. It’s like if Scyther was a work in progress and shiftry was it’s final form.

3 Likes

Great idea! I think a very underrated Pokemon is Grovyle. The middle starters are often forgotten, but Grovyle has a really cool design and I think it bridges the gap between Treecko and Sceptile really well in a way that many other starters (besides maybe gen 1) don’t! Grovyle also has great card artwork as well!

5 Likes

Ariados and Dunsparce are really well designed. Ariados in particular doesn’t receive much attention,but it’s the only spider-like Pokemon that looks dangerous and frightening like a real spider.

6 Likes

Weedle

2 Likes

Jirachi and Dedenne. I don’t know if they are “unliked” but they seem to fly a bit under the radar.

4 Likes

@surfnsnow, dedennneee!!! Hes one of my absolute favorites haha. Id without a doubt say itss a bit too underrated!

I posted this on discord, but for others this is probably my fav plush ever:

4 Likes

Magikarp

3 Likes

@dizzle24 , Thanks! Nice plush :blush:

I’ve posted this before, but this is my favorite Modern Japanese Pikachu Promo:

3 Likes

@surfnsnow love it!! I have that card also!! Thats a must have for any dedenne lover for sure!

2 Likes

@vic,if they go back in stock, please let me know because im dying for quags! Haha great choices!

2 Likes

Pretty much every ghost type because of their awesome Pokedex entries.

“An abandoned plush doll became this Pokémon. They are said to live in garbage dumps and wander about in search of the children that threw them away.”

“Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry.”

“The younger the life this Pokémon absorbs, the brighter and eerier the flame on its head burns.”

“Sometimes, on a dark night, your shadow thrown by a streetlight will suddenly and startlingly overtake you. It is actually a Gengar running past you, pretending to be your shadow.” / “Should you feel yourself attacked by a sudden chill, it is evidence of an approaching Gengar. There is no escaping it. Give up.”

What I like about them is how they often explain real life observations with Pokemon, though admittedly not in a very uplifting fashion :grin: . Galarian Corsola, for example, is a dead coral whose reef died because of water pollution, so it lost all its colour and turned into a ghost type.

8 Likes

Gorebyss

6 Likes

Grovyle to me seemed like Pokémons attempt to tap in the then new at the time concept art for feathered dinosaurs, or at least to me it did.

[edit]
@dizzle24 Jumpluff eh? Enjoy. www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf2NFeybWfQ
Jumpluff is at least a steal to sweep collecting its full cardography.

@burnedos Yeah, however the psychics naturally were the scariest. The new Corsola extension turned up with more doom is one of the few highly well made 'mond forom this current gen. From Corsol to Curse and by its theme is micro genius and Pokémon at it’s best skill. I developed an overall appreciation for all aforementioned when I researched the origins of them all on initial card list. That being said the to fit the bill it’s Kadabra.

Not good enough? Let’s try HootHoot and Sudowoodo. Jynx. On the other spectrum Yveltal dosen’t get much rep for what it does. Plus it’s background is fucking incredible.

3 Likes

Gen 1: Farfetch’d
Gen 2: Smeargle

6 Likes

My favourite non popular Pokémon is probably yanma! Shiny yanma looks awesome.

4 Likes

I’ve always been fond of this doofus for some reason

7 Likes