What Is Your Favorite Generation? Poll!

@garyis2000 suggested a fun poll idea! With the new Pokemon Sworld & Shield on its way, what is your favorite Generation?

I’m Gen 1 all day for the personal nostalgia factor, but so far I’ve really liked all the Galar region Pokemon so I’m excited for November!

1 Like

Generation 1 and 2 are still the best IMO. Hope sword and shield is good!

1 Like

For those who want to review the generations.

Note: last column is TCG,

m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Generation

For me it’s gen 1&2. Loved them throughout all my childhood and getting back into collecting as an adult just brings back those great memories.

4 Likes

As much hate as shinnoh gets it was a pretty dang good generation in my eyes.

Grew up with Gen 1 and it will always be my overall favorite. There’s nothing that is objectively exceptional about it. It gave us only the basics and laid the groundwork for the rest of the series. But that groundwork is the essence of Pokemon–collecting and battling these magical, colorful creatures. Everything else after, for better or for worse, was merely adding complexity to a formula that was already perfect in its simplicity.

1 Like

For cards, Gen 3. For games, definitely Gen 4 with Gen 6 very close behind!

Give me gen 1 or give me death!

4 Likes

2 and 3 were my favorites for sure

Gen 3 were technically my first games and I played the tcg competitively from the start to end of gen 4. So i guess my answer is that gen 3 and 4 are my favorite.

OG GEN 1 :sunglasses:

Gen 3 for me. The generation has the best Pokemon and most of my favorites are from that generation and ex-era is definitely my favorite era of the TCG. I also like Hoenn a lot as a region overall.

Too much water though

2 Likes

Generation 1 holds the most nostalgia and playtime for me. This goes for both the videogames and TCG.

Gen 3 for me. Love old school silver border ex, and goldstars​:star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:. It also has stamped reverse holos, which is a great bonus. Super box and pack art. Favourite sets are Team Rocket Returns with some great dark pokemons, Deoxys and Dragon Frontiers with the balck Zard and blue Mew. Favourite card would me Milotic ex.

6 Likes

My favorite pokemon are mostly gen 1 but my favorite video game is gen 2. Love the storyline, and the ending wherein you battle against red at the peak of mount silver was a huge WTF moment. Epic.

3 Likes

Kanto, although Alola is very closely behind since I haven’t had as much fun in pokemon since it started until it came out.

1 Like

isnt it *Sinnoh

Gen 2 all the way. Even though I grew up with Gen 4, Gen 2 just feels perfect to me. Gen 4 is my 2nd favorite.

1 Like

We might need separate polls for favourite in general, games and cards. Lol