Efour’s favorite generations

Hey E4, figured I’d do another poll. Wanted to see what generations E4 liked the most.

This includes everything in the generation. Games, anime, cards, design, merch and time period.

As always there will be two votes per voter. Poll will close Monday!

• Gen 1
  • Gen 2
  • Gen 3
  • Gen 4
  • Gen 5
  • Gen 6
  • Gen 7
  • Gen 8
  • Gen 9
0 voters
1 Like

This is a little vague.

TCG, Anime, Video Games, Design, etc.?

My answer would differ on each of those.

2 Likes

My votes go to gen 1 (Mew) and gen 2 (Umbreon, Espeon, Lugia).

3 Likes

Gen 1 because I’m old and nostalgic.

4 Likes

Everything lol. Fixed the blurb in the intro

gen 3 best gen unless anyone asks in which ex era bad

Tough choice but all factors inclusive I like gen 2 the most. Gen 3 is close behind.

2 Likes

Hard because I gotta pick Gen I, because on its merit I think is best and then I gotta decide between II,III and IV for the last one.

Gen 2.

Shameless plug: The magical nostalgia of Gen 2

4 Likes

Voted Gen 4 because overall I would say that’s my favorite era for the games and TCG.

For me it is easily gen two when combining everything together. Gen 1 and 3 are very close to me, but I think the original gen 1 anime breaks the tie in gen 1’s favor.

Majority of my favourite Pokemon come from Gen 2. The best game is HGSS.

Rayquaza = Gen 3

I really like a lot of Pokemon designs in Gen II, and Gold/Silver were the last games I remember playing before going on hiatus with Pokemon. And I also remember getting sucked into the mystery of Gen II as a kid–like all the rumors of Pikablu!

1 Like

Gen 2 is two generations in one

3 Likes

That’s why it’s the big brain move!

Gen 1 had the best merch & period of the anime; Gen 2 had the best games & the best cards…

So I chose Gen 3 because the poor Ex Era was the little generation that could, and managed to keep everything going on life support through those dark years.

1 Like

The results make perfectly sense, with the previous generation always being a little more popular then the following one. However gen 2 is capable of surpassing even that simple rule, this really speaks for how great it was.

1 Like

Gen 2 without a doubt. The remakes are my favorite games ever, my favorite Pokemon is from that Generation (actually, most of my favorites are from Gen 2), the TCG sets during that generation were incredible.

Gen1 will always hold a very special place in my heart. I worked at a Gamestop when 6th gen came out and really enjoyed that one too. The amount of people who came into the store and just wanted to talk Pokemon was great back then. It was also the same gen that got me back into Pokemon after a huge break