What Is Your Favorite Generation? Poll!

Bit of a difficult one for me because I grew up with generation 1 but my favourite Pokémon is from generation 2. I’ve gone with 1 simply because I’m pretty sure I could name all generation 1 Pokémon in order but would really struggle to get anywhere doing that with generation 2 or any of the other generations.

1 Like

I voted Gen 5 since it’s only Gen besides Gen 1 that have us over 150 new Pokémon.

It also has some great designs like Zorua, Axew, Hydreigon and Zekrom.

1 Like

This pretty much always comes down to when a person grew up.

I voted Gen 1 since that’s what I grew up with. But I think the Gen 2 games were much more polished than the Gen 1 games and the Neo sets were fantastic. Gen 2 is the last one that holds the “nostalgia” factor for me. So I could have easily voted for Gen 2, but ultimately I voted Gen 1 because it brought me into the craze and because my favorite individual Pokemon are from that era. In particular, the Gen 1 starting Pokemon like Bulbasaur and Charizard seal the deal for me, I find them more appealing than any Gen 2 Pokemon.

By the time Gen 3 was released, I was already 15 years old so it didn’t truly feel like the era of my childhood.

2 Likes

Picked Gen 1 as my favorite but Gen 2 is definitely a close second. Love Gen 3 as well and 4’s not too shabby either. I honestly think there’s a lot to like about each Generation.

2 Likes

Not necessarily true. I grew up with gen 1 and still like 3 more.

1 Like

Our intention was to focus on the Cards.

Oh, then I would have to change my vote to gen 1… I like everything about gen 5 the most, from games to Pokemon design, except the tcg.

1 Like

At least I think it was. Scott would need to confirm, or not.

I left it open ended. I think most people are responding their favorite gen overall. We can do another later with specific card era’s/dates if that sounds good.

2 Likes

Overall is fine:)

#genwunners

2 Likes

I picked gen 1. I would imagine gen 1 has an advantage since anyone age 25-30 and older most likely was introduced to pokemon during gen 1.

1 Like

Overall, it’s Gen 1 for me! But I think the Gen 2 games are so epic they deserve an honorable mention

1 Like

Generation one falcon punches me dead center in the nostalgia spot, easy pick.

2 Likes

Gen 2 has my heart. I grew up with Pokemon but I remember how excited I felt when Gen 2 was revealed and the slow unwrapping of that world and the new Pokemon was incredibly memorable. My sister and I would make guesses as to what the new Pokemon were (we thought Scizor might be a special fusion of Scyther and Mewtwo for example) and new evolutions. Plus seeing all of the Japanese product come out was glorious.

Next to that is Gen 1 and Gen 5. Generation 1 for the whole introduction of the world and Generation 5 because it’s what sucked me back into Pokemon as far as the games go with my new love for Volcarona.

1 Like