WHAT IS the U.S customs Threshold! Help Im sending from AUS!

Hi peeps, I am extremely scarred, as I have many gold stars to send.

Problem is, IM scarred to send more then 2 gold stars at a time, because It would be horrible to lose my beasts if i send all at once.

I usually dont send big items all at once… SO can anyone tell me the threshold of the u.s customs because these are going from aus - U.S

THE FEELERBZ, plx help.

Because if I can mark it high, ill be able to send more cards!

I have 3 charizard gold star, 2 Rays, 1 latias, 2 latios, 1 Mew.
Its just to scarerbz for me, and im getting paranoid, and not sure how many i should send at once. I figured 2 gold stars at a time, but it will take alot longer, and exspress shipping is the only option for me with cards like this, and it will cost 42 dollars to ship each exspress shipment to the u.S!

I thought the US doesn’t matter for customs?

Unless it is over $1000?

Also I’d be scared if I was sending that, not scarred :wink:

is it 1,000 aud or 1,000usd??

I always just mark things as gifts and quote a much lower price when I ship things out of the U.S. I don’t really see the advantage of marking the true value of something.

Mainly for insurance if it is ever lost or damaged.

@pokemonsyndicate if you are talking about sending to someone here for them to submit to PSA or BGS I don’t think the receiver in the states will have to pay anything in customs. I have done a few $1,000+ purchases from overseas and have never had any kind of customs charges at all. We don’t deal with all the crazy import fees like other countries seem to have to deal with.

1 Like

You shouldn’t have to worry. Maybe if you’re sending over $2000 US worth of stuff, but i’ve never had any customs charges.

1 Like

I had a large shipment of eucalyptus oil shipped over from Australia (Victoria) about 10 years ago. I paid 10,000.00 and I assumed no customs fees. There was scrutiny over expiration dates but that was it.

1 Like

Use a company like DHL , with no value.

You won’t have any insurance but the probability they loose your parcel is about 1 % i think …

From my experience,I received and sent out more 100 parcels for sure , never had one problem but the risk “0” doesn’t exist :stuck_out_tongue:

I often buy in USA for France or china-france also, when the seller send out with USPS with insurance (cause i paid with paypal) …i have customs taxs each times and it s really expensive , between 10%/25%.

Since a few months i send to a shipito warehouse and use DHL . Delivered in 2/4 days with not taxs .

1 Like

Lol you’re going to have a bad time trying to export something with a value of $2,000AU or more if you don’t pre-arrange it with Australian Customs…

i usually just mark it within 1,000 and had no problems, but this time i want to send more xD

so 1,000 is okay?

why you buy so much eucalyptus oil. xD

i might just send 2 gold stars at a time then. I got offers for insane amounts on them. But 1,000 insuraqnce WOULD be better then nothing if it got lost.

Anything under $2000.00 does not require a customs declaration (which is more involved than just signing some paperwork).

1 Like

hmmms so i guess ill just insure it for and send 3 gold starnens.

AUD, not usd right>

why dont you send some of em for me @ozenigma this is stressful lol… I pay you dollan.

Whatever you do, make sure the insurance matches the declared value. Nothing looks more suspect than a package declared at $50.00 insured for $2000.00.

yeese that was my other question. that would look wierd.

now send my stuff for me, because you have a p.o.box which is safer :nerd_face:

I send 10 million no raritan to garinson

2 golden starnen to smprattican

and 60 golden starnen to ozenigma

www.elitefourum.com/t/customs-import-fees-for-your-country/14339/1

@pokemonsyndicate check this thread next time when in doubt, it was created for good reason. :wink:

You also have a PO Box, Ben. You’ll be fine.

I mean you as the recieve have a p.o.box and its within aus