"Held In Customs" USPS, Any Experiences to Help Shed Light?

Hello Friends,

So I shipped a Booster Box, Priority Mail, to Australia. Today I see that it’s being “Held in Customs”, and has been held there since yesterday?

Do I have anything to worry about? I did everything right when shipping it. I put what was in the box, the full value, filled out a customs form, and signed it. Is there a chance It’s coming back my way?

Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks!

You shouldnt have anything to worry about,I believe if value of imports coming into Australia exceeds 1000 aud, customs takes it and does some inspecting. Then they charge an expensive fee to the buyer. Box should be fine and untouched, however I have heard of a horror story of Australian customs opening the seal of a fossil box before.

GOOD LORD.

I sent a Neo Destiny Booster box… UGH well I can only pray they don’t tamper it. :sob:

dunh dunh dunh!!

Aussie customs, at your service

:wink: Border Security - YouTube

Anyways, truth of the matter, it is risky… hence why i would try to declare low values to avoid them. they may inspect the box for ‘drugs’ or some crap.
Even if they don’t, and you wrote 3 k on the box, the user will be charged over $350+ (roughly, i’m not sure the exact figure )more in fees to accept the package because of the figure declared.

Nevertheless, it will get through, it may take some time, and the user needs to correspond with customs. but it’s the buyers responsibility. you have done everything right, it’s out of your hands.

5 Likes

@kkthxbai

Not sure if parody or actual footage from Border Security: Australian’s Front Line.

Actually the tv show is really enjoyable and educational.

2 Likes

Haha, that video is a a comedian in Australia lol.

but yeah, pretty close to how they treat the packages there haha…

Also yeah, the real border security show is definitely a fun show to watch, the customs people can be pretty rueful.

I guess it’s how they expose their derision.

Oh… and by the way, i actually had a $250 package get rejected 2 days ago and sent back to Japan. It had confectionary in it. So some lollies and candy, and some tcg. A nice box of goodies for a friend. Even if the lollies we’re packaged, something must of got flagged… T.T

Stop shipping your Mexican black-tar heroin inside a sealed booster box and you’ll be fine.

7 Likes

Might as well be with the level of addiction we all have for this hobby lol

1 Like

Must be something with booster boxes, I have one coming to Canada from USA and its been stuck at customs since the 6th, that’s over a week now. Wouldn’t worry about a day :blush:

1 Like

YO FOLLOW UP QUESTION ALL.

The seller is asking me if there’s import fees (like I’d even know living in another country) for him with customs… which I’m pretty sure there are.

Could he deny paying the custom fees and then it gets sent back and all that big old mess :slightly_frowning_face:
@kkthxbai @aquaz @colours

I’ve always made it a policy that the only way I’ll ship sealed product overseas is via gift payment and buyer takes 100% responsibility for loss or opened product.

2 Likes

Lol, that doesn’t help me, it helps future me, but not present me.

I guess he could. But it’s unlikely…

It’s obvious the buyer wants this item. I think 95% of the time they will follow through and pay what they have to. He should understand it is the buyers responsibility nontheless.

I’m just praying they don’t break the box inside… Lol
It’s super unlikely they will, but it has happened before like somebody else mentioned.

@swolepoke, what was the amount you declared

I have had exactly that happen on more than one occasion.

Where the buyer wouldn’t pay the custom fees?

The full $2000 I’m pretty sure, what he paid

Just the way he’s responding to me has me nervous… almost like he’s super hesitate and doesn’t know what going on. That and the fact that he didn’t even know there’s custom fees and that customs can even hold incoming mail…

I just see him pulling a “I wasn’t aware of the extra fees and won’t be paying for them” card

Yeah that is what happened to me. It was going to be something like $40 or $50 customs fees for him on about $500 and he refused to pay it. It cost me around the same $40-$50 to ship it out to him. I got the item back a month later and was out my shipping fees. He didn’t give a shit about it and eBay forced the full refund on me I couldn’t even have him split the lost shipping with me. Had I done that he would have left negative feedback anyways.

I :heart_eyes: GSP as it pre charges them and they can’t b*tch about it after the fact.

1 Like

The custom fees should cost him around 300$. However I’m unsure on the procedure on what happens if he refuses to pay for the custom fees, sorry :slightly_frowning_face:.

1 Like